Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Eric S Winer
Dr. Eric S Winer, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Providence, RI. He has 19 years of experience. His specialties include Medical Oncology, Internal Medicine and Hematology & Oncology. Dr. Winer is affiliated with Miriam Hospital and Memorial Hospital of Rhode Island. Dr. Winer has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Eric S Winer has the following 3 specialties
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hematology & Oncology
Dr. Eric S Winer has the following 19 expertise
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Blood Cancer
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Breast Cancer
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Hepatitis C
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Bone Marrow and Lymphatic Tissue Cancer (Hematologic Neoplasm)
Dr. Eric S Winer is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
Doctor Winer was referred to me by my gastroenterologist and I am so grateful. I was diagnosed with lymphoma and was terrified. Doctor Winer not only took the time to clearly explain my diagnosis, he was very detailed in his explanation of my treatment. He is very clear and confident yet has a sensitive way of soothing my fears. His optimism and honesty have given me great confidence to fight my cancer and I highly respect his intelligence.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Winer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
19 Years Experience
University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
Duke University Medical Center
Dr. Eric S Winer accepts the following insurance providers.
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
BCBS Rhode Island
- BCBS RI HealthMate Coast to Coast
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsRhode Island Hospital, 593 Eddy St, Providence, RI
Dr. Eric S Winer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Providence, RI.