Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Eric W Yap has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Eric W Yap has the following 10 expertise
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Dr. Eric W Yap has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Eric W Yap is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
There is no hesitation in going back to Dr. Yap for my next treatment. This will be my 4th visit in 15 yrs. He is so informative on issues your having. Corrects them, and you leave with peace of mind. Thanks Doc
I absolutely love Dr. Yap, I have worked in the healthcare field for many years and recognize a good doc when I see one! I find that Dr. Yap is very compassionate, knows his stuff, and makes sure that when you leave his office you know and understand the issues that brought you to him. Dr. Yap is funny but not afraid to get serious with you if the need arises. His staff is great also and makes sure that all follow up procedures are taken seriously, they have give customer services. Very sweet girls.
Went to Dr. Yap bc his bio says he treats GI issues and "ab pain". His only recommendations for my ab pain after diag procedure was IBS and no follow-up plans. I did my own research, returned to his office and asked about additional testing, he didn't think it was necessary and again pushed me in the direction of IBS with no follow-up plan. Got a different doc and resolved all my symptoms with antibiotics. So, clinically, yes, I guess I had IBS - but it wasn't the lifelong, incurable condition and could have been easily tested/treated at this office. My advice is don't expect him to make an effort to try to help you with your GI problem. In fact, he became a roadblock to my wellness because I then had to go seek out a doc who could find a solution.
I thought Dr. Yap and his staff were very professional, kind, helpful. They were comforting and friendly during my colonoscopy. Dr. Yap discussed the results with me while undergoing the procedure and, again, afterwards on a follow-up appointment. I have recommended him to many friends. I am a nurse that happened to be given his name to see for the colonoscopy but did not know him before the procedure. He didn't know I was a nurse yet was very thorough in his explanation and diagnosis. I highly recommend him!
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Top 10 Doctor - Metro Area (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
24 Years Experience
The Warren Alpert Medical School Of Brown University
Graduated in 1994
New York Presbyterian Hospital
Dr. Eric W Yap accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
Group Health Coop
- Group Health Coop Alliant Plus Connect
- Group Health Coop Core
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Moda Health First Choice Network
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
- Premera NW PHYS Network: Personal Care
Regence Health Plans
- Regence Evergreen Health Partners
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Eric W Yap in this video.
Dr. Eric W Yap is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bellevue, WA.