- Swedish Medical Center - First Hill
- Swedish Edmonds Hospital
- Overlake Hospital Medical Center
- UW Medicine-Valley Medical Center
- Ulcerative Colitis Get the facts about ulcerative colitis, including what causes it, signs and symptoms, and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Psoriatic Arthritis Get the facts about psoriatic arthritis, including who gets it, the symptoms, and the different types.
- Adult Asthma Get the facts about adult asthma, including who gets it, what triggers it, and how allergies can affect it.
- Fibromyalgia Get the facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions that may be related to it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Eric W Yap MD
Dr. Eric W Yap, MD is a doctor primarily located in Renton, WA, with other offices in Bellevue, WA and Bellevue, WA( and 2 other locations). Their specialties include Gastroenterology, Internal Medicine.
Dr. Eric W Yap has 4 locations
ACCEPTING NEW PATIENTS
ACCEPTING NEW PATIENTS
Dr. Eric W Yap has the following 2 SPECIALTIES
Dr. Eric W Yap has the following 10 expertise
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors (1)
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference.
Top 10 Doctor - Metro Area (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Dr. Eric W Yap Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Moda Health First Choice Network
More about Dr. Eric W Yap
A long-time resident of Bellevue, Dr. Yap is proud to be serving the Overlake medical community and hospital where his three children were born. Board certified in gastroenterology since 2000, he grew up in the Chicago-land area studying classical violin before enrolling in Brown University's eight-year Program in Liberal Medical Education where he completed degrees in both history and medicine. His undergraduate education included a term studying philosophy at the University College of London. Upon graduating, Dr. Yap trained at Columbia University's Presbyterian Hospital in New York City, where he completed his residency in Internal Medicine. He finished his Fellowship training in Gastroenterology at Stanford University before moving to the Pacific Northwest in 2000. His clinical interests include general gastroenterology, colon cancer screening, and exploring the psychological impact of traumatic events as they relate to the digestive system. He has a compassionate approach to the treatment and care of all individuals. Outside of work, Dr. Yap loves spending time with his family. On weekends, he will often be seen driving his kids around town to soccer matches. He enjoys music, cooking, snowboarding, and rooting for our local sports teams.