Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Erica L Canales has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Erica L Canales has the following 11 expertise
- Birth Control
- Pelvic Exam
- Child Birth
- Hot Flashes
- Women's Health
- Pap Smear
- Menstrual Pain
Dr. Erica L Canales has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Erica L Canales is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
I had Inrahepatic cholestasis of Pregnancy and being that the out come can be very bad if not monitored I wanted a Dr that understood my concerns! She did everything above and beyond!!! I also ended up having to go to a U of M dr to have a gallstone removed at 20weeks pregnant and she didn't hesitate to refer me. She was amazing in the labor room and even allowed me in the room when my sister had her baby. Very caring Dr. One of a kind.
She's kind thoughtful,and compassionate. She truely cares about her pateints. She listens to you and gives you the information you need to make informative choices on treatments that may be available. She took such good care of me, I'm thankful to have had her as my doc. I would deffinatly recommend her to others.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2013, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Canales is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
17 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Synergy Medical Center
Dr. Erica L Canales accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCmu Healthcare, 1000 Houghton Ave, Saginaw, MI
Dr. Erica L Canales is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saginaw, MI.