Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Erica A Sewell has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Erica A Sewell has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Erica A Sewell has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 23
I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Sewell. She takes time to know her patients and listen to concerns. She is a wealth of knowledge. Hands down, the best GP I've had in my nearly 5 decades of healthcare. If you are searching for a doctor who cares about you and your health, and who you can trust, go see Dr. Sewell.
I have a twisted and misaligned pelvis and severe hip pain from a leg injury which caused me to limp for months and that has recently flared up again . I had read from several sources online that osteopaths specialize in muscle and bone issues and so I researched for one and her name came up. When the nurse pulled me in the room and I explained my situation she very condescendingly asked me why I would come to a family doctor instead of a specialist, made remarks about what she had apparently considered inadequate diagnostic testing by my orthopedic doctor and physical therapist (I have no health insurance so they tried to skip any tests they considered unnecessary), and then continued to tell me she didn't think the doctor would be able to help me and walked out the door. She came back and said the doctor wouldn't see me because it would be a waste of both of our times. I explained that I had been told she was an osteopath and she only replied yes but she wouldn't do any manipulations and she would only have to charge you to walk in here and refer you to a specialist. She then told me that my leg wouldn't affect my hip so there must be something else wrong with me. (Even though my ortho, physical therapist, and clinical massage therapist told me they see pelvic problems from limping every day, and I have known other people with similar problems) She gave me a piece of paper with two osteopathic doctor's names on it and walked me out the door. I came only seeking help for a problem that has been causing me pain for months and left feeling demoralized and stupid for even walking in the door.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
26 Years Experience
Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
Dr. Erica A Sewell accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsTropical Family Medicine Associates Pa, 2002 Del Prado Blvd S Ste 102, Cape Coral, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Erica A Sewell in this video.
Dr. Erica A Sewell is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cape Coral, FL.