Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Erica Z Shoemaker
Dr. Erica Z Shoemaker, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Los Angeles, CA. She has 29 years of experience. Her specialties include Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Psychiatry and Adolescent Medicine. Dr. Shoemaker is affiliated with USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center. She speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Erica Z Shoemaker has the following 3 specialties
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
Dr. Erica Z Shoemaker has the following 12 expertise
- Eating Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Birth Control
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Substance Abuse
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Erica Z Shoemaker is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 10
Dr. Shoemaker is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
University Of South Alabama College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsUNIVERSITY SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA HEALTH SCIENCES, 2250 Alcazar St, Los Angeles, CA
Dr. Erica Z Shoemaker is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.