Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Eric Conn
Dr. Eric Conn, MD, FACC is a Doctor primarily located in Chattanooga, TN. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease, Interventional Cardiology, Cardiology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Conn is affiliated with Erlanger Medical Center - Baroness Hospital, Memorial Hospital and Tennova Healthcare Cleveland. He speaks English.
Dr. Eric Conn has the following 4 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Interventional Cardiology
An interventional cardiologist has the same training as a cardiologist and they're well-versed in all types of heart disease and how to diagnose heart problems. The difference is that interventional cardiologists have additional expertise and training on specific interventional treatments for heart disease, such as angioplasties and stents. These methods use catheterization, which reduces recovery time as well as scarring after surgery.
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. Conn is a very knowledgeable doctor when you have his full attention. The entire time I was trying to talk to him he was either distracted or trying to back out the door. So much so I was given a clear bill of health to be called back later (SEVERAL DAYS LATER) and told that was inaccurate and I would need to come in for subsequent testing. Had he taken the time to have read the EKG then he would have known something was abnormal but being call SEVERAL days after the fact and then not being seen immediately is very upsetting.
Dr. Conn is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Erlanger Medical Center - Baroness Hospital
Tennova Healthcare Cleveland
Memorial North Park
Skyridge Medical Center Westside Campus
Parkridge Medical Center
SkyRidge Medical Center - West Side Campus
Womens East Pavilion
Erlanger Medical Center
Erlanger Bledsoe Hospital
Erlanger Med Ctr, Chattanooga, Tn
Parkridge East Hospital
37 Years Experience
Duke University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Duke University Medical Center
Dr. Eric Conn accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsChattanooga Heart Institute, 2501 Citico Ave, Chattanooga, TN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Eric Conn in this video.
Dr. Eric Conn is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chattanooga, TN.