Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Erich Lang
Dr. Erich Lang, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Kenner, LA, with other offices in Nottingham, MD and Baltimore, MD (and 5 other locations). He has 60 years of experience. His specialties include Nuclear Medicine and Radiology. Dr. Lang is affiliated with Howard County General Hospital, SUNY Downstate Medical Center - University Hospital of Brooklyn and Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Erich Lang has the following 2 specialties
- Nuclear Medicine
Nuclear medicine specialists are doctors who have extensive training in the use of nuclear substances, like radiation, to diagnose and treat certain illnesses.
These specialists perform diagnostic tests in which a small amount of a radioactive substance is injected into a vein, inhaled or taken orally by the patient. The radioactive substance then enables the nuclear medicine specialist to use a scanner to detect the radiation level in the part of the body being examined in order to create an image of it with a computer. The images tell the physician whether there are abnormal changes in metabolism which indicate whether a disease or injury is present. These tests are often used to detect cancer.
In addition to detecting cancer, substances like radioactive iodine can be either injected into the blood stream or taken orally to fight cancer and other diseases. After being ingested, the substance is absorbed by the thyroid gland and abnormal thyroid tissues are destroyed.
A radiologist is a physician who specializes in the use of medical imaging to diagnose and treat illnesses or injuries in patients.
The different types of medical imaging are X-ray, computed tomography (CT) scans, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound, and nuclear medicine.
Radiologists are experts in these different types of tests and can advise a primary care doctor on which test is most appropriate in a specific case. These doctors also assist primary care doctors in analyzing the images produced by these tests in order to determine next steps necessary for treatment.
- Abdominal Injuries
- Adenoma (Warthin's tumor)
- Fallopian Tube Diseases
- Female Infertility
- Interventional Radiography
- Interventional Radiology
- Intestinal Cancer
- Kidney Cancer
- Kidney Cancer (Renal Cell Carcinoma)
- Kidney Disease
- Kidney Disease (Cystic)
- Kidney Stones (Kidney Calculi)
- Liver Cancer
- Nuclear Medicine
- Pancreas inflammation (Pancreatitis)
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Pancreatic Diseases
- Percutaneous Nephrostomy
- Renal Artery Stenosis
- Ureter Cancer
- Ureter Diseases (Ureteral Diseases)
- Urethral Diseases
- Urinary Bladder Disorders
- Urinary Catheterization
- Urinary Fistula
- Vascular Disease
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Lang is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Howard County General Hospital
SUNY Downstate Medical Center - University Hospital of Brooklyn
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Johns Hopkins Geriatrics Center
Brooklyn University Hospital
University Hospital of Brooklyn at Long Island Hospital
University Hospital Of Brooklyn
Univ Hosp of Brooklyn-SUNY Ctr
Tulane Medical Center
Mount Clemens Regional Medical Center
60 Years Experience
Graduated in 1953
Dr. Erich Lang accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Erich Lang is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Kenner, LA.