Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Erik P Anderson has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Erik P Anderson is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
Excellent Smart Physician
Self-verified patient of Dr. Erik P Anderson - Posted on July 1st, 2018
Dr Anderson accepted me as a patient when I was very sick with 4-5 chronic illnesses and 2 very acute serious illnesses. I had been with my previous MD for 20 years and thought he could never be replaced. Dr Anderson has filled the place and in many ways surpassed my expectation. When I see him I go with. List. He patiently waits until I hit each detail. Bi respect his time do am organized. When I contact his office through the portal they return my correspondence within 2-3 hours tops on most occasions. He is friendly in a professional way and has moved me from very ill to doing quite well over the past 4 years. I would recommend him highly and WITHOUT reservation. I was a healthcare administrator for 15 years prior so had many benchmarks to measure him against.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Erik P Anderson - Posted on November 10th, 2016
I have been a patient of Dr. Anderson for about 15 years. I have had numerous problems through the years and have had excellent care by Dr. Anderson. When necessary he referred me to specialists that I was equally happy with. I have referred Dr. Anderson to friends throughout the years and will continue to do so. I must say also, I have not felt rushed and have always gotten questions answered. I feel comfortable with Dr. Anderson and he is always friendly, caring and respectful.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Erik P Anderson - Posted on September 7th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Erik P Anderson - Posted on June 9th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Erik P Anderson - Posted on June 19th, 2013
Dr. Anderson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
27 Years Experience
Mayo Medical School
Graduated in 1991
University Of Colorado Health
Dr. Erik P Anderson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem WI Blue Priority X Indiv DirectAccess
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- WPS Group
Locations & DirectionsWEST HILL MEDICAL SPECIALISTS, 2720 Plaza Dr Ste 1400, Wausau, WI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Erik P Anderson, MD - Internal Medicine in Wausau, WI, in this video.
Dr. Erik P Anderson is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Wausau, WI.