More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Youth Sports Injuries Facts about youth sports injuries, including the causes and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Erik S Stark
Dr. Erik S Stark, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Oceanside, CA. He has 17 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine. Dr. Stark is affiliated with Scripps Mercy Hospital, Scripps Memorial Hospital-Encinitas and Palomar Medical Center. Dr. Stark has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Erik S Stark has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Injuries
Showing 5 of 81
Unfortunately, I've had to have surgery twice this year; my shoulder and left knee. Dr. Stark preformed both surgeries. He isn't the best communicator in the office but is a talented surgeon. I recovered to 100% mobility in my shoulder, which I previously have only a slight range of motion in. This was just a clean up of the joint and removal of calcium deposits. My knee surgery was only 2 weeks ago so I'm still recovering. I anticipate a full recovery. I am pain free and feeling really good! My knee was a complicated meniscus root repair and clean up of arthritis in the joint.
I am getting ready for a knee replacement by Dr Stark. feel yes he is very confident. That pleases me. 35 years ago I had to have surgery on a severely broken ankle. The surgeon back then, was the same. Very confident. At first I said, nobody can be that cocky. Well, let me tell you, 35 years later and my ankle is better than new with '0' problems. So, I you feel unsure about having a procedure, just be thankful your dr is confident and will get the job done.
Very very good surgeon. Everything went smoothly and efficiently. His staff are wonderful. I do wish I had more time to speak with him and that appointments lasted a little longer when needed.I couldn't ask for a better surgeon though as he is great at what he does. Very talented. Appointment times are sometimes late but I believe this is because he takes more time with clients who need more help then I did. Overall, I would not choose anyone else as I feel he is the best surgeon I have been too. Very knowledgeable and up to date with new procedures.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Stark is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
17 Years Experience
State University Of New York Upstate Medical University
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Erik S Stark accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
Sharp Health Plan
- Sharp Health Blue Choice
- Sharp Health Gold Value
- Sharp Health Performance
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsOrthopedic Specialists of North County Inc, 3905 Waring Rd, Oceanside, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Erik S Stark in this video.
Dr. Erik S Stark is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Oceanside, CA.