Dr. Erika Driver-Dunckley Is this you?

2.9

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Erika Driver-Dunckley?

Danger! Stay away!

Posted on December 19th, 2015

This is by far the worst Doctor I have ever seen. She would not listen to me at all and gave me the wrong diagnosis. Shocking that she is working for Mayo. She is very rude and unfriendly. I advise you to stay away.

don't waste your time

Posted on March 16th, 2015

I have preiously seen this Dr. Dunkly and cannot stand doctors like her! Her arrogance is incredible like that of someone who helieves their opinion is the only one that matters. Like other posts here I tested positive for a movement disorder called Dystonia but, rather than look at all the notes and testing I previously had she came to her own conclusions as they were the only thing that mattered. I used to have siezures due to a heart condition that was over looked for years when they found it and corrected the seizures went away I went through the crazy bit for 10 years due to doctors not looking at the whole picture. I unfortunately have to go see her to get cleared for my pacemaker to get repaired. knowing that she already thinks my movement Disorder is all in my head it scares me! She is one of those doctors that don't care about anything but her own opinion. It has been my experiance with doctors like that, that tend to make serious mistakes in patient care. Without looking at the patient and the whole of there medical conditions they zero in on crazy because they refuse to believe they could be wrong or they are to afraid to admit they just don't know. I wouldn't recomend this physician To anyone!

Very personable, thorough, and professional

Posted on September 18th, 2013

Having read the reviews for Mayo clinic's neurology doctors, I almost cancelled when I learned I had been assigned to Dr. Driver-Dunkley for my restless legs treatment. Many of her reviews spoke of her being cold and not interested in hearing about the patient's symptoms. My experience was completely the opposite which is why I felt the need to write this review. She came into the room, she was smiling and very congenial. She took notes and asked questions for at least 15 minutes. She then did a physical examination. Having been to another neurologist who WAS very cold and uninterested, I can tell you that is NOT Dr. Driver-Dunkley . When I asked questions about treatment of another condition, she gave her opinion but then referred me to other doctors at Mayo. I even asked her about a problem my husband had and she happily answered my question I confidently recommend her!

The worst doctor I've seen

Posted on January 3rd, 2012

I'm sure this woman has redeeming qualities, though none were revealed to me. She seemed to mistake arrogance for professionalism. Her notes were mailed to me unsolicited and, while ignoring typos, misquotes, and the fact that she reversed the order of conclusions of previous doctors to support her diagnosis, it read like an eighth grade essay. Furthermore, failing to find neurological pathology does not dictate psychosomatic disorder. It suggests she did not bother to look for illness beyond the most basic examination. If I had accepted her psychosomatic/malingering (ironically both) diagnosis I would have condemned myself to an unnecessary life of pain and hardship, never receiving proper treatment. Fortunately I found a group of doctors that were able to find evidence of a real disease and treatment has been hopeful. A wrong diagnosis is a tragedy but to accuse (yes, accuse) a patient of "making it up" as well as insisting it is "all in their mind" is not only detrimental to their healing but creates unnecessary stress and anguish. Contrary to her insistence, a neurologist is not the one to diagnose psychogenic illness. Mayo Clinic would do well to reconsider her appointment.

Rating Dr. Driver-Dunckley

Posted on September 26th, 2011

Excellent doctor!

Posted on September 11th, 2011

She was extremely kind and listened to all my complaints. She spent over 1 hour with me and fully explained my diagnosis. Numerous other doctors I saw didnt care about me and help me the way she did.

Posted on October 20th, 2010

Mayo clinic shouldn't have people this incapable working for them.

Posted on April 24th, 2010

Stressful and uneventful. Waste of my time and insurance money.

Excellent Patient Care

Posted on March 3rd, 2010

I found Dr. Driver-Dunckley to be professional and courteous. I had no troubles scheduling an appointment and had minimal wait time for my visits. I felt that my medical symptoms were heard and that I received an excellent diagnosis and appropriate helpful treatment.

WARNING - DOESN'T LISTEN - ARROGANT - GOT WRONG DIAGNOSIS

Posted on February 21st, 2010

She spent very little time with me. Presented a diagnosis without any evidence, before any testing had been done.After I was correctly diagnosised, by other Mayo doctors, she refused to inform herself of this diagnosis. She is so determined that her 'OPINION' is correct that she will dismiss what has been proven by medical science and her colleages. She refused to even look into or inform herself of what I was diagnosed with. (Which explains all my symptoms.) Since what I have is considered rare; the president of the care organization for this illness - offered to send a DVD which she refused to even accept or look at. I feel like this is one of the most unreasonable, arrogant people I've ever had to deal with. It's really sad to think that when a person has a very complex problem and turns to a doctor for answers, they are so unkindly and rudely treated. I don't feel like she listened or informed herself on my behalf--AT ALL!!!I would not recommend this doctor to anyone!!!!!!

Posted on October 14th, 2015