Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Erika L Hunter has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Erika L Hunter has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Erika L Hunter has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 11
I was looking for a new pediatrician and came across some very positive reviews for this one. Considering we are in such a small town, and she has 4-5 reviews on each site, I should have realized that it was likely her staff making them. The doctor herself is smart and personable, but it's really hard to get appointments and the waits, even with an appt booked two months out, is really long. I filled out PAGES of information for my kids at their first visit, and I still have PAGES to fill out on every visit. Frankly, after my daughters next check up, I think we'll be moving along. This time with a real life recommendation. Right now, I can't even get someone to pick up the phone. It rings twice, picks up, but no one answers or says anything. I let it sit there for almost 20 minutes, and it just hung on the line, no one picking up. Weird.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Erika L Hunter accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
Locations & DirectionsProhealth Pediatrics, 3223 Griffin Ave, Pekin, IL
Dr. Erika L Hunter is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pekin, IL.