Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Erin L Cooksey Harrington
Dr. Erin L Cooksey Harrington, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Anderson, SC. She has 18 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Cooksey Harrington is affiliated with AnMed Health Medical Center. Dr. Cooksey Harrington has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Erin L Cooksey Harrington has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Erin L Cooksey Harrington has the following 7 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Erin L Cooksey Harrington has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 28
Visited her for a suspicious abdomen growth in 2010 - she said "let's look at your heart problem first". Put me on meds for palpitations, did not look closer at the abdominal issue. Fast forward about a year later: went back in 2011 because the growth had increased significantly in size to where I looked 8 months pregnant. After a CTScan, she called me into her office right afterwards to tell me "It doesn't look good - this needs to be removed with a full hysterectomy - it looks like cancer". No warning, no apologies for missing this a year earlier. They removed a football sized degenerating fibroid and two baseball sized cysts along with all my internal "girl parts". This would not have been necessary, had she taken my concerns a year earlier more serious. Being friendly does not make you a good doctor. Find a grumpy good one instead.
Dr. Cooksey is very caring, kind, and knowledgeable. She always takes time to help you understand her diagnosis and plans for further tests. I would refer my friends and family members to her and she does appreciate the confidence I have in her. She is already seeing most of my family, my husband, my children, their spouses, my mother, and a few other relatives.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Cooksey Harrington is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
18 Years Experience
University Of Kentucky College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Anderson Area Medical Center
Dr. Erin L Cooksey Harrington accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS South Carolina
- BCBS South Carolina
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPrimary Care Associates, 2000 E Greenville St Ste 1600, Anderson, SC
Dr. Erin L Cooksey Harrington is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Anderson, SC.