Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Erin L Koster has the following 2 specialties
- Maternal & Fetal Medicine
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
You will be hard pressed to find an office like Dr. Koster's. Her staff helped me through difficult insurance issues and even waited to get paid for services. I have seen Dr. Koster for multiple pregnancies and she performs the scans and is so approachable and easy to talk to. I wish she were my OB. I will settle on seeing her for my high risk pregnancy. Love coming here! I know they have had staff change in the last two years but I don't understand the negative reviews. The bad reviews are not even close to the experience you will receive from Dr. Koster or her staff at all. I highly recommend going to her office.
We were referred to Dr. Koster by our midwife for a level II sonogram because of concerns that our baby might not be growing well. My husband and I were very pleased with the whole experience. When I called to schedule the appointment, her staff (Robin) was very helpful and courteous. We did have to wait a few minutes (the patient before us was running a little late), but they apologised for the delay. Dr Koster was kind and personable, quick and thorough, answered all our questions and was very reassuring and knowledgeable. She explained what she was looking at as she did the sonogram, and what her findings indicated. We also appreciated her huge screen on which to watch the sonogram- a nice extra. Overall, very happy with our visit!
We (my husband and I) were sent to Erin to take a second look at two brain cysts. Within one week of being found by my original OBGYN, Erin found that one cyst had resolved itself and the other had shrunk and was almost gone..... After telling us not to worry about the cysts, she takes a measurement of the femur bone and tells us our baby might have Down's syndrome and we need a $2000 blood test to find out for sure. When going over our options, she also mentioned ending the pregnancy if the blood test is positive, and that she could find us a doctor to give a 25week abortion! This is all during our first visit! She didn't get to know us at all, she was very cookie-cutter and quick! Consulting with my OBGYN after seeing Erin, he assured us that we had nothing to be worried about and told us Erin should not have conducted our appointment like she did! We will not be returning, and will find a different doctor should we have a need in the future!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2015, 2012, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Koster is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Erin L Koster accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsErin Koster Md, 6130 W Parker Rd Ste 512, Plano, TX
Dr. Erin L Koster is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Plano, TX.