Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Erin K Pickett
Dr. Erin K Pickett, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Hartford, CT, with other offices in Glastonbury, CT and Rocky Hill, CT . She has 20 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Pickett is affiliated with Connecticut Childrens Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Erin K Pickett has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Menstrual Pain
- Hot Flashes
- Child Birth
- Pelvic Exam
- Birth Control
- Pap Smear
- Women's Health
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
Dr. Pickett is okay when you see her but she is difficult to get an appointment with. It's hard to get her to call you back when you have a problem. The medical assistants (a different one every time you go) , front office staff (except for Meagan in Rocky Hill) and the people who answer the phone are awful. They encourage you to use the portal but every time I have a problem and use it, o one ever contacts me. It operates more like a corporation than a medical office. I would switch to another practice but my friends say it's like this everywhere you go now.
Dr. Pickett is very good but her office staff are terrible. You get conflicting info. on when the doc will be there, which office. I scheduled an appointment for one office and when I got there they told me she was at a different. office. Appointment scheduling has become impossible. I had problems with my IUD that had slipped into my cervix and had to wait weeks for an appointment and was in constant pain. The receptionist actually told me that she could get me in on a certain (weeks away)day but didn't know which doc it would be with. I have been going to the practice for 30 plus years and have grown increasingly disappointed about how I have been treated, It's too bad as they were such a good practice when I first started going when there were only 5 docs.
Dr. Picket is a wonderful doctor. She always spends time with me at each appointment abd has always made me feel comfortable. I once needed gyn day surgery and she explained everything to me and was with me every step of the way in the hospital. I would wholeheartedly recommend her to anyone. The only drawback is that she works part time and it can sometimes be difficult to get an appointment.,
Dr. Pickett is a very pleasant person; her staff is rude and unprofessional, however. Her nurse is, hands down, the most unprofessional and nasty individual I've met in a doctor's office -- I left the practice based on this doctor's personnel, that's how bad they are.
Dr. Pickett is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
Tufts University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Dr. Erin K Pickett accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Erin K Pickett is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hartford, CT.