Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Erle H Austin III
Dr. Erle H Austin III, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Louisville, KY. He has 44 years of experience. His specialties include Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery) and Vascular Surgery. Dr. Austin is affiliated with Kosair Childrens Hospital. Dr. Austin has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Erle H Austin III has the following 2 specialties
- Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery)
- Vascular Surgery
Vascular surgeons treat and manage disorders in your veins, arteries and your lymphatic system to ensure blood circulation in your heart and in brain is the best it can be. They're well-versed on how your vascular system works with the rest of your body and they can treat conditions that may cause blockages or buildup.
They can perform many of the same diagnostic testing as interventional radiologists can, such as angiography and MRIs. In addition to diagnosis, they provide critical care and treatment for aneurysms, artery blockages and trauma injuries that involve your veins. They can also help patients manage diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol as well as treat artery disease. Treatment for more serious cases might include bypass surgery or surgery to remove plaque.
Dr. Erle H Austin III has the following 13 expertise
- Vascular Malformations
- Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome
- Varicose Veins
- Cardiopulmonary Bypass (CPB)
- Coronary Disease
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Diabetes Complications
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Ventricular Septal Defects
- Heart Transplantation
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
Dr. Erle H Austin III has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Erle H Austin III is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
I had a pectus repair performed by Dr. Austin III, his nurse in the office Tracey Meer, or something like that was very unprofessional and rude. Dr. Austin spent little time with me to figure out what went wrong with my surgery and sent me to a pain clinic which did not help since one of the bars he put in moved pressing on coastal nerves and causing me to be in horrific pain that he seemed to disbelieve til he finally removed the bars around 11 months later. I never received as much as an apology from mister Austin. I still have pain in my chest even after the removal of the bars. The whole experience was terrible and the staff nor Austin ever seemed to have any answers and didn't seem like they cared at all.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Austin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
44 Years Experience
Harvard Medical School
Graduated in 1974
Duke University Medical Center
Dr. Erle H Austin III accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem IN Pathway X Bronze Direct CACA HIX
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- Ambetter from MHS HIX
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
PHP Northern IN
- PHP Select with Encircle
- Sagamore Plus
Locations & DirectionsUniversity Cardio Thoracic Surgical Associates, 201 Abraham Flexner Way Ste 1200, Louisville, KY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Erle H Austin III in this video.
Dr. Erle H Austin III is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Louisville, KY.