Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Erle H Austin III MD
Dr. Erle H Austin III, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Louisville, KY, with another office in Louisville, KY. He has 44 years of experience. His specialties include Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery) and Vascular Surgery. Dr. Austin is affiliated with Kosair Childrens Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Erle H Austin III has 2 locations
201 Abraham Flexner Way Ste 1200
Louisville, KY 40202
201 Abraham Flexner Way Ste 1200
Louisville, KY 40202
Book Online Now
Dr. Erle H Austin III has the following 2 specialties
- Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery)
- Vascular Surgery
Vascular surgeons treat and manage disorders in your veins, arteries and your lymphatic system to ensure blood circulation in your heart and in brain is the best it can be. They're well-versed on how your vascular system works with the rest of your body and they can treat conditions that may cause blockages or buildup.
They can perform many of the same diagnostic testing as interventional radiologists can, such as angiography and MRIs. In addition to diagnosis, they provide critical care and treatment for aneurysms, artery blockages and trauma injuries that involve your veins. They can also help patients manage diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol as well as treat artery disease. Treatment for more serious cases might include bypass surgery or surgery to remove plaque.
Dr. Erle H Austin III has the following 13 expertise
- Vascular Malformations
- Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome
- Varicose Veins
- Cardiopulmonary Bypass (CPB)
- Coronary Disease
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Diabetes Complications
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Ventricular Septal Defects
- Heart Transplantation
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
Dr. Erle H Austin III is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Thank you for Mending Noah's Heart
Self-verified patient of Dr. Erle H Austin III - Posted on March 17th, 2016
apply treatment for free
Self-verified patient of Dr. Erle H Austin III - Posted on January 13th, 2014
Self-verified patient of Dr. Erle H Austin III - Posted on May 22nd, 2012
My experience with Dr. Erle Ausitn III
Self-verified patient of Dr. Erle H Austin III - Posted on October 18th, 2009
I had a pectus repair performed by Dr. Austin III, his nurse in the office Tracey Meer, or something like that was very unprofessional and rude. Dr. Austin spent little time with me to figure out what went wrong with my surgery and sent me to a pain clinic which did not help since one of the bars he put in moved pressing on coastal nerves and causing me to be in horrific pain that he seemed to disbelieve til he finally removed the bars around 11 months later. I never received as much as an apology from mister Austin. I still have pain in my chest even after the removal of the bars. The whole experience was terrible and the staff nor Austin ever seemed to have any answers and didn't seem like they cared at all.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Austin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
44 Years Experience
Duke University Medical Center
Dr. Erle H Austin III Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem IN Pathway X Bronze Direct CACA HIX
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- Ambetter from MHS HIX
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Encore Health Network
- Encore Health Network
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
PHP Northern IN
- PHP Select with Encircle
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Erle H Austin III, MD - Vascular Surgery in Louisville, KY, in this video.
Dr. Erle H Austin III is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Louisville, KY.