2.8

Neutral

Could care less about you, his patient

I went to Dr. Baldwin as a referral from my PCP who was concerned about feeling an enlarged Thyroid. My first visit I got the feeling as if he could care less about me, my concerns, or anything I had to say. He did an ultrasound and told me it didn’t look like anything to worry about, including Cancer, but that he would do a biopsy as requested by my PCP. The next visit he performed the biopsy and while doing so again reiterated that it didn’t look like anything, he felt he didn’t need to do the biopsy, and was nothing to worry about. A week later I had a follow up appointment with him to go over the results. I had something come up and called to reschedule that day. I was told I needed to come in. When I showed up , he sat down at his computer in front of me and told me that I had Thyroid Cancer. He turned his computer screen around to show me, told me I needed surgery, and if I had any questions to go to thyroid.org. I was shocked, and confused as to why he wouldn’t spend any more time with me. Anytime I had a concern, he blew it off, told me that I didn’t know what I was talking about when I explained to him what I was experiencing, and then refused to fill a medication when it went out. He is a horrible doctor, could care less about anyone but himself, and has zero personality. I wish I could give him zero stars. One is entirely too generous.

Mostly reading my history on his computer. Not personable and didn't connect with me on a personal level whatsoever. Sad after waiting forever to get an appointment. Great staff though so worth the wait I guess.

I was recently pregnant with subclinical hyperthyroidism, and was referred to Dr Baldwin after my pregnancy. Everything is based off of labs for him, and it takes forever to get the results back. I have felt a drastic change in my condition and notified his nurse over 2 weeks ago. Almost a week later the nurse calls me to ask my symptoms and that she would report it to Dr Baldwin. Now after another 1/2 week or so I get s call to go get more labs! After about 3 weeks of dealing with crazy symptoms my problem is still not solved. He doesn't seem to care about the patients and has just repeatedly told me to be patient. It's been 4.5 months now and nothing is regulated or improved. If anything I have more concerns. But somehow it's a waiting game based off of numbers. After about my 50th labs now I think I'm going to another Dr. The receptionists and nursing staff however are excellent.

No Patient Care

I went to Dr. Baldwin with some serious concerns, and I don't feel like he addressed any of them. It was the most insulting and humiliating experience that I have ever had. He looked at my lab work and had his opinion in his head before he even met me. I'm not necessarily saying that he was right or wrong, but he did not even let me STATE my concerns. He was full of nothing but opinions and assumptions. He might be a fine doctor for routine endo checks (he said plenty of good things about "his diabetic patients"), but I would not recommend him to anyone with any worries.

great! Felt very comfortable with this doctor.

Best doctor, deserves 10 stars

First of all, I'd rate him a10 if I could. I'm older so I've seen a few doctors in my day. He's one of the best. He took time with my husband and I answering all our questions, never making us feel rushed. He was compassionate and was able to narrow down what was happening in no time. His staff were friendly and accommodating. I can't recommend him highly enough.

Pompous

Terrible manners. He will behave like an irritated 15 year old boy and then drop you as a patient if you politely request additional labs.

Excellent Experience with Dr. Baldwin

My experience with Dr. Baldwin was excellent. He knows his field very well. He accurately diagnosed my condition despite other doctors drawing different conclusions. He prescribed the appropriate treatement that worked. He spent time educating me on my condition. I highly recommend Dr. Baldwin

Dr. Ernest F Baldwin III is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Salt Lake City, UT.