Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ernest R Chander has the following 2 specialties
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Birth Control
- Substance Abuse
- Sleep Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Eating Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Showing 5 of 5
I just wanted to take a moment to tell everyone what a terrible MD this doctor is. He made me feel like my problems were much worse than they are, changed my medications every visit even when they were working well. Thankfully I have transferred my care elsewhere. I wouldn't let him see anyone of the human race. Oh his wife is also a general practitioner, but she works in his office and frequently mis-diagnoses patients because she has no training in psychiatry and is not licensed as such.
This alleged "docotor" is a nothing but a med pusher who keeps you coming back so he can get paid. He has trouble keeping his staff in line and was reprimanded in 2008 for failure to supervise three nurse practitioners in accordance with North Carolina Law. He has no business being in the medical profession.
Dr. Chander is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Dr. Ernest R Chander accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ernest R Chander in this video.
Dr. Ernest R Chander is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Salisbury, NC.