Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ernest M Josef
Dr. Ernest M Josef, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Enola, PA. He has 30 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Josef is affiliated with Holy Spirit Hospital A Geisinger Affiliate and Pinnacle Health System At Polyclinic Hospital. Dr. Josef has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Ernest M Josef has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Ernest M Josef has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Dr. Ernest M Josef is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
I have been a patient of Dr Josef for approx. 10 yrs and has consistently provided Professional care at all times with emphasis on my issues and providing an explanation that the average lay person can understand. If tests are required he never hesitates to order them unlike other Doctors I have seen in the past. Ihave never felt rushed when I have aan appointment to see Dr Josef . Together we have managed to keep my Type 2 Diabetes under control . I would highly recommend him to all .
After many years of less than stellar and downright horrible experiences with doctors, Dr. Josef is a god send. He is a very calm, knowledgeable, professional, and personable doctor. Despite his many years of expertise he is not jaded, truly cares about patients, and listens and answers patients questions thoroughly. Lastly, he does not let difficulties with payments from insurance companies affect the quality of care he gives each patient, which is truly rare in this day and age.
I have been seeing Dr. Josef for over 20 years. He listens well and takes the time necessary to determine your medical problem and manage your illness/disease. Just an Outstanding doctor and person. Best physician I have ever had in 50+ years. The Good Hope Family Practice staff is also top notch. My family left two other practices not because of the doctors but because of incompetent staff. GHFP staff are pleasant, efficient and competent. For new patients, it can be difficult making an appointment because they have so many patients they often stop accepting new patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Josef is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Pinnacle Health System
Dr. Ernest M Josef accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC Keystone Health Plan Central HMO
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsGood Hope Family Physicians, 1830 Good Hope Rd, Enola, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ernest M Josef in this video.
Dr. Ernest M Josef is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Enola, PA.