Dr. Ernest W Kornmehl Is this you?

4.7

Have you seen Dr. Ernest W Kornmehl?

Superb Physician and Staff

I went to five LASIK clinics in the Boston area for a consultation over the course of two weeks. I went with a close friend and we took meticulous notes about each surgeon (at one of the clinics I never met the surgeon) and their staffs. The results were not even close. Dr. Kornmehl and his staff were far superior in all the metrics we evaluated. The receptionist at Kornmehl Laser Eye Associates was an absolute doll. She was kind, considerate and well informed. The technician that did my testing was efficient, friendly and knowledgeable. Dr. Kornmehl was thoughtful, extremely detail oriented, and very patient answering my many questions. I was so impressed that many of his answers were based on his own data base that was regularly updated. He was the the only physician that noted my dry eyes and explained why it was mandatory this be addressed before any surgery performed. He also was the only surgeon who insisted that I see a retinal specialist before surgery because my corneas were flat for the level of my prescription. I am lucky I took his advice because I needed laser to my retina before I could have LASIK. The LASIK was performed by Dr. Kornmehl nearly six months after my retinal laser and I noe see perfectly. My eyes are very comfortable thanks to the punctum plugs he gave me before surgery. Dr. Kornmehl and his staff are extraordinary and were worth every cent of the fee. We are blessed that we have such an ethical, highly skilled LASIK surgeon like Dr. Kornmehl in our community. The numerous hours I did performing my comparative “study” paid off in so many ways!

Outstanding Surgical Experience

I had LASIK 18 months ago after spending a year researching the best LASIK surgeons in the country. I am blessed to have the resources to travel anywhere in the country and visited with six LASIK surgeons in six different states. Dr. Kornmehl and his staff surpassed them all by a large margin. His staff is very friendly, well informed and immediately put me at ease. Dr. Kornmehl is brilliant and meticulous and really cared about me. He truly wanted to customize the procedure for my lifestyle and made certain my ocular health was at the highest level before surgery. Dr. Kornmehl can speak quickly but he is very kind and empathetic. I see perfectly and my eyes are the most comfortable they have ever been. Dr. Kornmehl gave me great vision and took care of my dry eyes!

Very Empathetic, Caring Doctor

I have been suffering with dry eyes for years and saw so many doctors. They just made me feel like I was exaggerating the discomfort I was feeling and would not listen to me during the appointments. Dr. Kornmehl listened to me and developed a treatment plan that relieved my pain in just a couple of weeks. He is amazing!! The staff is great too!

I spent three months doing research to find the best LASIK surgeon on the east coast. I consulted with five LASIK surgeons in five different cities and selected Dr. Kornmehl. I felt comfortable the minute I walked in the office. The receptionist was very kind and thoughtful. I overheard two patients, who also were from out of state, raving about Dr. Kornmehl. Dr. Kornmehl was right on time and was very meticulous during the examination. He explained everything to me in detail. I had to wait a few months for surgery because my eyes were very dry and I had inflamed lids. I now see perfectly and my eyes feel better than they have in ten years! All my hard work finding the best doctor on the east coast was well worth the effort.

Terrific Experience

I cannot believe it took Dr. Kornmehl five minutes to diagnose develop a treatment regiment for a problem I have suffered with for over ten years. After seeing so many doctors around the country I thought I would have to live the rest of my life with chronic eye pain. Dr. Kornmehl is truly a genius who cares deeply for his patients welfare. He understands that what he says and how he says it can make a big difference to a patient and their families. His staff is superb and very supportive. Dr. Kornmehl is the best. Quick, careful and on target.

Exceptional Care

I am so grateful to Dr. Kornmehl and his staff. My eyes are now so comfortable and white after years of suffering with doctors who could not help me. Dr. Kornmehl took the time to think through my problem and develop a plan that was highly effective. It is hard to believe it took less than a month to change my life for the better!

Thank you! Thank you!

Wow. What an office! From the minute I called the office to the completion of my treatment I was so impressed. The staff were kind and thoughtful. Dr. Kornmehl is a genius. He figured out my problem so quickly and took the time to explain everything to me. A week later my problem that I suffered with for nine years was controlled and I could function. This was the best experience I ever had in a medical setting!

Outstanding Doctor and Staff

I knew I was in the right place from the very first time I called. The staff are incredibly kind, informed and understanding. Dr.K is brilliant and solved my problem that was affecting the quality of my life for the past eight years in three visits! I still do not understand why all the other eye doctors who evaluated me could not diagnose my problem correctly and help me. Dr. K was kind, efficient and explained everything to me so I understood my problem and how he would manage it. So happy!

Outstanding Physician and Surgeon

As an academic physician for over 20 years I consider myself an excellent judge of physician quality. Dr. Kornmehl surpasses my previous eye care physicians on many levels. I was impressed how quickly he put together a number of symptoms that have nagged me for years and developed a treatment plan that dramatically improved the quality of my life. I felt so much better that I discussed my dream of undergoing LASIK with Dr. Kornmehl. He proposed we wait another six months until we could prove my ocular surface was optimized under varying conditions. I am now one year post surgery and my vision is better than I ever dreamed it would be and also so very comfortable. I cannot believe how long I suffered before coming under the care of Dr. Kornmehl. He is a brilliant, efficient and caring physician. Don't let his quick mind distract you from the outstanding care he provides.

Dr. Kornmehl was very thoughtful and took the time to manage several problems before performing my LASIK procedure. I see 20/20 and wake up every morning grateful and appreciative for how the quality of my life has dramatically changed. All the other doctors I consulted dismissed my concerns of dry eye and were just anxious to operate. Dr. Kornmehl made certain my eyes felt great prior to even considering surgery. My eyes are now comfortable AND I have great vision too!

Finally a doctor who figured out my problem and made me comfortable. I had been evaluated by 12 of the best ophthalmologists in the US and no one else came close to diagnosing my issue and providing a treatment that worked. Thank you!!!

Very thoughtful and caring