Get the facts about chronic pain, including body parts that are most commonly affected and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ernest Sears Jr
Dr. Ernest Sears Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Houston, TX, with other offices in Houston, TX and Houston, TX . He has 44 years of experience. His specialties include Neurology. Dr. Sears is affiliated with Kindred Hospital Houston, Memorial Hermann Northwest Hospital and Memorial Hermann Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Ernest Sears Jr has the following 1 specialty
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Dystonic Disorders
- Facial Nerve Diseases
- Guillain-Barre Syndrome
- Headache Disorders
- Migraine Disorders
- Movement Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Muscle Spasticity
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Parkinson Disease
- Polio (Poliomyelitis)
- Primary Headache Disorders
- Seizure Disorders
- Tourette Syndrome
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
After suffering from migraines for 10+ years, & all Neurologists just want to Medicate you. Dr Sears gave me my life back with his famous "Nerve Blocks;" which apparently no neutologist will attempt. He was kind, funny, & spent more time with his patients than any Dr I know!!! I'm sorry other people did not have a good experience , but this Dr has met me at emergency rooms in 30 minutes on a Saturday!!!!!i think he retired or so he told me. I wanted to know if someone took over his practice that gives his "nerve blocks!' Please???
Dr. Sears is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Kindred Hospital Houston
Memorial Hermann Northwest Hospital
Memorial Hermann Hospital
CHRISTUS St. Joseph Hospital
St Luke's Episcopal Hospital
Spring Branch Medical Center
Park Plaza Hospital
Select Specialty Hospital - Houston
Plaza Specialty Hospital
The Methodist Hospital
St. Luke S Episcopal
St. Joseph Medical Center
Select Specialty-Houston Heights
44 Years Experience
The University of Texas Southwestern
Graduated in 1969
Dr. Ernest Sears Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Ernest Sears Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.