Get the facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including the conditions and medications that can cause it.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Raul E Sosa has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
Dr. Raul E Sosa has the following 27 expertise
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Kidney Stones (Kidney Calculi)
- Ureter Cancer
- Adrenal Gland Cancer
- Urologic Emergencies
- Urologic Surgical Procedures
- Kidney Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
- Urinary Catheterization
- Nephrectomy (Kidney Removal)
- Ureteral Obstruction
- Laser Surgery
- Urinary Bladder Cancer
- Adrenal Surgery (Adrenalectomy)
- Bladder Issues
- Kidney Stones
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Kidney Disease
- Kidney Stones (Nephrocalcinosis)
Showing 5 of 12
I am stunned at Dr. Sosa's low ratings. Over the hyears he has perforemed several types of procedures to remove kidneys stomnes of varying size and location. He has always been caring, professional,and attentive, with excellent follow-up. Dr. Sosa has always returned my calls promptly when I have had an emergency attack. He is the only doctorI have that I have stuck with for 25 years. [I rated his office staff a 4, though they only deserve two, because a factor that belongs only in considering a retail establishment shouldn't affect a doctor's rating.
R. Ernesto Sosa, MD: Very professional, diagnosis right on the money, spent a good deal of time going over every small detail of my case and overall medical history. Super smart AND caring - he took his time with me! Back office support staff typical and bureacratic however once you see Dr.Sosa it all changes. He is outstanding as a physician. Now I know why his on the NY Top Docs list.
After being misdiagnosed by my MD and another urologist, Dr Sosa got it right. He knew what he was talking about, proceded cautiously, and in the end removed my stone in less time on the table than exected. I had a huge stone that was expected to be a problem (it was in a bad spot at first).He has an exellent beside manner, communicated well with me, and was overall great. Yes, one or two of his staff would do well to switch to decaf, but this is NYC and honestly I've experienced worse. They are all just very busy. And they WERE all very helpful.The Staff at NY Presbyterian/Cornell were ALL very professional, helpful, and knowledgable.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
40 Years Experience
Weill Cornell Medical College
Graduated in 1978
New York Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Raul E Sosa in this video.
Dr. Raul E Sosa is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.