Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ernest Uzicanin has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 12
Just moved in hagerstown, hubby was in 2 kinds of insulin for diabetes. Dr. Uzicanin took him.off of insulin and started with oral pills! Hgba1c before was 13! After his 3.mo new meds, hubby's hgba1c now is 6.+! Hubby feels good also. Thank you dr. Uzicanin! I think you are the best doc! U also cure my chronic sinusitis!ð .
I work in the security field. I went to Dr. Uzicanin with the flu. He prescribed me a atbotic. I asked him for a couple days of to fully recover 100% . He said you'll be fine if you want to just take of work you need to talk to your boss about that. I had to be at work in 12 hours how rude needles to so he lost a patient.
Met Doc Uzicanin back in 1998 at old Washington County Hospital in the ER room when he treated me for a horrendous case of out of control cellulitis in my leg as a result of a diving board accident several days prior. My pool league team (I was captain) had qualified after many years of trying, to go to APA National Team Championship in Las Vegas NV in a few days hence. Doc UZI advised me NOT TO GO. I told him sorry for you luck I'm going to be in a wheelchair all week BUT I'M GOING. Doc Uzi met me in his family practicioner's office on A SUNDAY (I was flying out first thing MONDAY morning) treated my cellulitis ... provided me with doctors and hospital names and numbers in Vegas, and made me swear if not improving steadily while I was in Vegas for a week, I WOULD GO IMMEDIATELY TO ER CARE. Needless to say, he has been my family doctor ever since. Sidebar, I used to joke with Doc that back in the day, I WAS HIS ONLY PATIENT. Never saw another patient those first few years and his staff of one seemed to change every visit. LOL. Good man, very knowledgable, always has time to shoot the sh&t. Works well with UN-INSURED (I used to have great medical insurance, now I have none). A bit old school, no payment no service and does not accept plastic or VISA DEBIT Cards, only personal check and CASH. Suspect this helps him keep his costs down and allows him to keep his office visits afforable. Recently raised prices for first time in many years from $70 to $80 per office visit for those with NO INSURANCE. I think it is a bit more costly for those with insurance ($100 per visit???). Finally, he has outstanding rapport with most SPECIALISTS in Tri-State area.
University Of Maryland Medical System
Dr. Ernest Uzicanin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsErnest Uzicanin Md, 19236 Meadow View Dr Ste 3, Hagerstown, MD
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ernest Uzicanin in this video.
Dr. Ernest Uzicanin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hagerstown, MD.