Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ernestine A Wright
Dr. Ernestine A Wright, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lutherville Timonium, MD. Her specialties include Geriatric Medicine and Internal Medicine. Dr. Wright is affiliated with University of Maryland St Joseph Medical Center and Mercy Medical Center. Dr. Wright has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Ernestine A Wright has the following 2 specialties
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Ernestine A Wright has the following 10 expertise
- Cognitive Issues/Testing
- Urinary Incontinence
- Geriatric Medicine
- Alzheimer's Disease
- EOL Care
Dr. Ernestine A Wright has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 15
You might find yourself waiting 5-20 minutes Beyond your scheduled appointment with Dr. Wright , but your time is not wasted. Her waiting room is generally filled with patients engaging in friendly and sometimes insightful conversation. Her staff, although quite busy juggling the phones, scheduling and checkling patients in and out are always upbeat and friendly and accommodating. But once you are taken back to an exam room and Dr. Wright comes in, you have her undivided attention. She does not rush you, listens attentively and is genuinely concerned with your health and well-being. Now you understand, and don't mind waiting. Dr. Wright treats all of her patients equally, and demonstrates a willingness to refer you to, and work with other specialists to resolve your health issues.
I would recommend this doctor to any member of my family. I wish I would have met her many years ago.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Wright is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
George Washington University Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsMaryland Family Care, 2300 Dulaney Valley Rd, Lutherville Timonium, MD
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ernestine A Wright in this video.
Dr. Ernestine A Wright is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lutherville Timonium, MD.