Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ernesto N Levy has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Ernesto N Levy has the following 9 expertise
- Central Nervous System Vasculitis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Rheumatic Diseases
Dr. Ernesto N Levy has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 14
Should not be treating rheumatoid patients or anything that is more complex than water. Rude, insensitive, arrogant. Knows nothing about complex diagnoses. He replaced Dr. Argen when he retired and very unprofessional about his opinions of Dr. Argen. The first thing out of his mouth was that "Dr. Argen was treating you all wrong". Isn't that slander????!!!!!
I have been diagnosed with RA for 40 years. My REAL doctor retired & Dr. levy took over. Sight unseen he STOPS all my meds in Oct. 2013! I've jumped through all his hoops, blood work, e- rays etc. and STILL not back on my meds yet! Same story with my daughter. She Already cancelled her appointments and found another doctor . I have ANOTHER appointment with him on Monday. If nothing gets started then I too will be finding another doctor. I do NOT believe he knows what he's doing.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
40 Years Experience
Universidad De Buenos Aires
Graduated in 1978
St Mary Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsRoger Williams Medical Center, 825 Chalkstone Ave, Providence, RI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ernesto N Levy in this video.
Dr. Ernesto N Levy is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Providence, RI.