Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ernesto Gutierrez has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Ernesto Gutierrez has the following 9 expertise
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
Dr. Ernesto Gutierrez has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Ernesto Gutierrez is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
First Referred to orthopedic doctors who didn't seem to want to take the time or energy to treat my disease. Based on family member's recommendation I started seeing Dr. Gutierrez . He is very thorough, friendly, professional, knowledgeable, and aggressively tries to find solutions while caring for the welfare of his patient . He explains problems, options, and issues. He asks questions and listens to answers. I would recommend him to anyone.
Dr. Gutierrez is a rare find in the Medical field as he truly cares about all of his patients and he is not afraid to keep searching for answers when the first thing to diagnosis someone does not answer all questions he is a remarkable man with a wonderful personality of caring a trust. He shows you respect and listens to all that you have to say. I wish I could thank him more than just this review and telling him he is my favorite physician.
I SAW THIS DR FOR OVER A YEAR BEFORE I COULDNT TAKE HIS ARROGANCE ANYMORE. SUPER COCKY AND RUDE, UNFRIENDLY, ALWAYS IN A HURRY, MADE ME FEEL THAT I WAS A MAJOR INCONVENIENCE.ALSO, MY CONDITION DETERIORATED WHILE "UNDER HIS CARE" NEVER IMPROVED.I SINCE HAVE BEEN TREATED BY A MUCH FRIENDLIER, COMPASSIONATE DR WHO HAS STRAIGHTENED OUT MY HEALTHCARE AND AM DOING MUCH BETTER!I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS DR TO ANYONE.
Dr. Gutierrez is one of the most caring persons one could ask for. He is willing to listen, explains everything, just a great doctor.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
19 Years Experience
Washington University In St Louis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
Dr. Ernesto Gutierrez accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC Keystone Health Plan Central HMO
- Capital BC PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark PPOBlue
Locations & DirectionsLebanon Internal Medicine Assoc, 755 Norman Dr, Lebanon, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ernesto Gutierrez in this video.
Dr. Ernesto Gutierrez is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lebanon, PA.