Dr. Erwinn Martin Sistoza Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Erwinn Martin Sistoza?

Unprofessional and Careless

Posted on November 27th, 2010

When I had a health problem a series of referrals lead me to Dr. Sistoza. He came in late holding his laptop. He didn't greet me, but just sat down plopping his laptop on his lap. He then complained to me about how hard computers are. Not a good first impression. Very unprofessional and hinting at incompetence.He then told me that it was very important not to prescribe drugs, but rather find the cause of the aliment, then treat that. I agree with that logic.After asking me some bizarre questions, he came to the realization that he didn't understand the problem. Instead of admitting this (which I would have been okay with - that's why there're specialists) - he ordered a long list of blood tests and then PRESCRIBED the very drugs he said he wouldn't, thus contradicting himself and his own logic.This was nothing but a red flag to me. I was worried that maybe he had a back end deal with the drug company, so I sought a second opinion.My second opinion (my normal primary care doc) was so happy I hadn't taken the drugs - he said they could've been VERY harmful, and were sloppily prescribed.I will never seek help from Sistoza again.

Posted on July 27th, 2010

Listens well, gives appropriate advice.

Posted on October 7th, 2017