Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Esteban Martinez
Dr. Esteban Martinez, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lafayette, LA. He has 21 years of experience. His specialties include Emergency Medicine and Internal Medicine. Dr. Martinez is affiliated with University Hospital & Clinics, Winn Parish Medical Center and Oakdale Community Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Esteban Martinez has the following 2 specialties
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Showing 3 of 3
Dr. Martinez is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University Hospital & Clinics
Winn Parish Medical Center
Oakdale Community Hospital
Ochsner Clinic Foundation Northshore Medical Center
Rapides Regional Medical Center
St.Francis Cabrini HospitalAlexandria,La
St Francis Medical Center - West Monroe
21 Years Experience
Instituto Tecnologico De Santo Domingo
Graduated in 1992
Jersey City Medical Center
Dr. Esteban Martinez accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsEsteban Alberto Martinez MD, 206 S Mall St, Lafayette, LA
Dr. Esteban Martinez is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lafayette, LA.