Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Esther J Hedberg MD
Dr. Esther J Hedberg, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Middletown, CT, with other offices in Danbury, CT and Poughkeepsie, NY . She has 43 years of experience. Her specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. She speaks English.
Dr. Esther J Hedberg has 3 locations
70 Obrien Dr
Middletown, CT 06457
Book Online Now
Dr. Esther J Hedberg has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Esther J Hedberg has the following 13 expertise
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Clinical Depression
- Bipolar Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
43 Years Experience
University Of Wisconsin School Of Medicine And Public Health
Graduated in 1975
Dr. Esther J Hedberg Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Esther J Hedberg's office for more information.
70 Obrien Dr Middletown, CT : (860) 262-5400
84 Hospital Ave Danbury, CT : (203) 792-0400
230 North Rd Poughkeepsie, NY : (845) 486-2703
Locations & Directions
Dr. Esther J Hedberg is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Middletown, CT.