Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Esther L Tatoy has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Esther L Tatoy has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Showing 5 of 16
Brenda at the front desk is so rude and unprofessional. I called to have my daughter's records faxed to daycare and she told me it may or may not get faxed today. It will probably be there 4 days from now and that would be a quick turn around. So many other dr offices in the area and they don't have rude Brenda at the front desk
I called late afternoon to make an appointment with Dr Tatoy for my son. She could not get him in that same day so I explained to the scheduler that I would take the next available morning appt. Additionaly explained that if he gets worse I would opt to take him to urgent care, myself being tremendously sick. We were both so sick by the time I picked him up from school we went straight to urgent care. I phoned the office, barely able to speak just above a wisper, to explain that he missed his morning appt after a long night of being sick and provided the DX to the girl answering the phone. She then tells me because I did not keep the appt and did not cancel within 24hrs that I will be charged a cancellation fee regardless of how sick we are, which is very very sick. When she made the appt at 4:30pm she NEVER TOLD ME about being charged the cancelation fee if we could not make it if I opted to take him to urgent care!! NOT NICE STAFF!!!!
The staff/reception is VERY unfriendly, hostile and downright rude. Upon our last appointment (our son's 12 month visit), we weren't even acknowledged upon sign-in. After waiting 30 minutes past our appointment to even be directed to a room, we decided to just leave as our little boy was getting cranky. I went up and scratched my son's name off the list and not a word was said. On the way home we got a phone call asking where Matthew was. Seriously?!? When my husband began to explain why we left, the receptionist HUNG UP on him! Where to begin...the waiting room is unsanitary, as the sick and well sides are connected by a door which is always open. Furthermore, everyone, sick or well, is directed to the entrance door on the well side. God knows if they even clean the toys laying around. Also, the weigh/measure room is yet another shared room between sick and well patients. My son acquired hand, foot and mouth disease from this office at his 9 month visit then passed it on to me. Let me tell you how fun that was! Guess that's how the doc makes her money - make all the well children sick so they have to come back. Lastly, the wait time to be seen is ridiculous! You can't keep infants waiting for over an hour without them getting cranky. You'd figure a pediatrician would know this and take it into consideration but nope. I'm so sick and tired of the uncaring nature of this office. I would NEVER recommend this doctor's office to anyone.
Dr. Esther L Tatoy accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Tampa Bay CoreNet
- Humana Tampa Bay HUMx HMOx
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Esther L Tatoy is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Wesley Chapel, FL.