Dr. Esther Young Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Esther Young?

Posted on October 31st, 2016

My husband had an EEG. The technician prept him, told him to keep his eyes closed, turned the lights out and he slept for 45 minutes. She never spoke to him. We never saw Dr Young, we waited two weeks for results; a young man called with results. We never saw or spoke with Dr Young after. She was referred to us in Beaumont hospital; she told my husband he couldn't drive until she read the results. I would NEVER recommend this doctor to anyone.

Rude & Arrogant

Posted on May 19th, 2016

I went to see Dr.Young with symptoms similar to MS. I had also recently injured my back, which I had informed her of. I have anxiety and was in an extreme panic over the thought of having MS. Plus, I am always nervous with doctors. I was having some speech/talking problems due to this. She thought this was amusing I guess since she said to me "you should see a psychiatrist". She typed in her computer the entire time & barely made eye contact. She said I must have fainted when I fell & I corrected her & told her no I did not faint. On my MRI order sheet her diagnoses indicated I fainted. She didn't listen or that was the code she just wanted to use. The appt. lasted 15 minutes, said I needed MRI & EEG done & we could walk to check out desk for that appt. At the desk I turned around to her to say thank you and she had already walked away to go into next room. She never said nice to meet you, have a nice day, nothing. No one called with my MRI results so after 3 days I called. Her assistant called me back & said my MRI was fine. I asked about EEG & she said the doctor didn't look at that yet I'm sorry, I will call you back. She did in 10 minutes & said EEG was fine & the doctor said I just need to rest !! I went on to another doctor, had MRI of spine, have spine issues & DDD & am having injections into spine to help with pain and leg issues. She's a neurologist & a DO, she should have known better, they treat back problems. She just didn't care and/or she chooses & picks what patients she prefers to see or not. She was arrogant, rude, & in a hurry. That treatment of patients will catch up with her. I don't care what degree she has, you can be less than perfect, and still be deserving of compassion, care and kindness. I'm so happy because now I have a doctor that looks at me, listens to me, respects me, and helps me. I would tell every one to find a better neurologist and definitely not waste your money or time on her.

Patient

Posted on March 2nd, 2016

One of the best doctors I've ever come across diagnosed me fast and relieved my pain even faster I would recommend her to ANYONE

Posted on February 20th, 2016

After a one hour wait, I was seen by Dr. Young's resident. My blood pressure reading was high, her staff commented that her's would be too after having to wait so long. It was never rechecked. Young simply increased a med that my primary already had me on and scheduled another appointment, which I will not keep. She's got a great thing going if you've got insurance. Would not recommend.

Re-think your visit with this Physician

Posted on August 6th, 2015

I had a close friend whom was admitted to the hospital for loss of feeling in the lower half of his body. Dr. Young had given him the news that he had Multiple Sclerosis. He said that she was not compassionate at all in delivering this life-altering diagnosis, and in fact, did with a huge smile on her face. He obviously had many questions about his diagnosis, and she suggested that he "look it up on the internet if he had questions." As a medical professional myself, I feel it is important to keep patients informed about their medical concerns and "googling it" is simply not an acceptable response. There are plenty of other Neurologists that are associated with Beaumont that could provide more compassionate care.

Posted on June 11th, 2015

I've had to visit a number of neurologists over the years unfortunately...however Dr. Young's approach was the best. I have a unique migraine problem and there is no clear cut solution due to other health issues..but she worked with my other docs recommendations of avoiding certain meds to help find a solution. I'm glad I was recommended to her.

wrong diagnosis

Posted on August 2nd, 2012

My mother went to Dr. Young and was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease, and placed on medication. Her health had been on a steady decline ever since... We've taken my mom to another neurologist recently, and found out my mom never had Parkinson's to begin with... Total misdiagnosis

Would not recommend

Posted on July 23rd, 2012

After a rather cursory interview and evaluation, my husband was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and placed on medication, which had serious side-effects. Follow-up was limited. He discontinued the medication, found another neurologist who, after a thorough evaluation, determined he did not have Parkinson's and is being treated appropriately.

Very satisfied

Posted on March 26th, 2012

Dr. Young has been very thorough with me. I have a unique case and she has referred me to other doctors when she does not have an answer. She seems to care about my case and has been easy to talk to and put me at ease. I came across her when I ws hospitalized and she has been very caring since that time.

Posted on March 7th, 2012

Dr. Young was not able to provide a clear diagnosis of what is causing the severe headaches. She tries to fix the pain through shots but not taking the time to find the root-cause of the problem. Time is big factor for the doctor she does not spend the necesary time to understand the feeling of the patients she is more concern of moving to the next patient. Her time with my daughter was roughly 5 minutes even when she was at ER. I will not recomend Dr. Young at all and for us was a waste of time without no answers.

Great Doctor

Posted on August 22nd, 2011

excellent Doctor very thourough and easy to talk to would definately recommd her!

Posted on December 4th, 2017