Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ethan H Kisch has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Bipolar Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 31
I'm quite surprised by all the negative reviews of Dr. Kisch. My wife has been a patient of his for about 6 years now, and he has managed to keep her out of the inpatient hospital. She has seen about 6 other psychiatrists and no one else has been able to do this. He actually takes the time to listen to things from my perspective as well as to how my wife is doing. Also, he has always followed up on phone calls and blood work. Only a few negatives: He usually does run about 30 minutes behind, but does not rush you out. He can also be a little pushy trying to get patients to use the pharmacy and lab in the practice when we prefer to use an outside one. Despite this I would highly recommend Dr. Kisch.
He is absolutely horrible. My mom has been on the same medicine for anxiety for 20 yrs now and all of a sudden he takes her off of it. She is now suffering with terrible withdrawals and ended up in the hospital from it. Before she went to the hospital she called him and he never came on the phone and had his secretary tell my mom she has the flu!! He refuses to help her with her withdrawals and he refuses to call her back. Mind you she still is really sick from him taking her off of it.
I have been taking my daughter to Dr. Kisch for 8 years now and has not done anything for her but push meds that arent even right for her illness, i am now bringing her to a new Dr. and thats how i know this, i dont think that he cares for his patients and only cares about the $$$$$ its very sad he should be ashamed of himself
42 Years Experience
Boston University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
New York Presbyterian Hospital
Dr. Ethan H Kisch accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue Select
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
BCBS Rhode Island
- BCBS RI HealthMate Coast to Coast
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim ElevateHealth HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Ethan H Kisch is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Warwick, RI.