Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ethan C Pien has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Personality Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
I didn't plan to see him but was "bamboozled" by someone who gave me directions to his office instead of to the physician I had phoned and left a message. I have a photograph of the the record of the call where I left a message, showing the date and time and number which is not his office. When I arrived at the wrong address, his staff suggested I meet with him because of the "address" mistake. I did. I never returned and would caution anyone against seeing him. When I later complained about the mix up he blame shifted on to me and suggested that maybe I had made two appointments with two physicians on the same day at different addresses. That's not what my phone shows. He's the single most unprofessional member of the medical organization that I've met, wasted time and money with in the last 25 years. Avoid him.
Bedside Mannger = I don't understand this term so no rating. Follows up After Visit = N/A, though if I emailed him due to urgent matter, he'll call to follow up. I'm grateful to God that He has found me a compassionate and caring doctor. Dr. Pien is comfortable to talk to as well as to discuss very sensitive topics. He is not critical and/or judgmental, counsels using positive techniques and encouragment. As I believer in Christ, we talk about scriptures, which strenghtens me tremendously and provides hope. Through his guidance, I've learn to trust and lean on God more during my struggles and hardship times. I highly recommend Dr. Pien to anyone, who is seeking professional help.
I couldn't be more thankful to have found such a wonderful doctor to help me through some dark times of depression, anxiety and ocd. His choices of medication have kept me at a very stable level, and I'm able to sleep, eat, and laugh again. This is only topped by his Godly wisdom, and his vast knowledge to help me with my condition. I couldn't recommend him highly enough. What a blessing. I have six kids which are very thankful to have their mom back!
16 Years Experience
University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
University Hospital And Clinics
Dr. Ethan C Pien accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HMSA Preferred Provider Comp Med
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsInternal Medicine And Infections Diseases Inc, 1010 S King St Ste 111, Honolulu, HI
Dr. Ethan C Pien is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Honolulu, HI.