Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ethel S Andrews has the following 2 specialties
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Depressive Disorder
- Substance Abuse
- Birth Control
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Eating Disorders
Showing 5 of 9
Only seems interested in putting my daughter in a inpatient facility, claiming she has made no progress, even though there has been plenty but she refuses to listen and gets hostile if you do anything but agree with her. Office keeps poor records and keeps trying to give the wrong prescription with "no record" of the correct prescription, even though it had been prescribed the previous month. Stay away!
Could not agree more with previous review, after 3 yrs of very successful work we lost our daughters doctor, she was the replacement, what a waste of time and money, all she wanted to do was to totally take her off her ADD meds, that was the only thing she ever talked about, then she tried to tell us that my daughter was not growing correctly and she wasn't gaining enough weight, when we asked her what the last 3 readings for her weight and height, we new she'd grown almost 5 inches over the last year, she hadn't even recorded them, she's a fraud!!!! We in the process right now of finding a new doctor right now.
44 Years Experience
University Of Florida College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
Dr. Ethel S Andrews accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAtlantic Psychiatric Center, 2123 Franklin Dr NE, Palm Bay, FL
Dr. Ethel S Andrews is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Palm Bay, FL.