Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Get the facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Hip Replacement The reasons why hip replacements are performed.
- Knee Replacement Facts about knee replacement surgery.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee Osteoarthritis of the knee: symptoms & risk factors for developing it.
- Osteoporosis Osteoporosis is a condition that causes the bones to weaken.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Facts about rheumatoid arthritis (RA), including juvenile arthritis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Eugene Carragee
Dr. Eugene Carragee, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Redwood City, CA. He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopedic Surgery of the Spine and Orthopedic Surgery. Dr. Carragee is affiliated with Stanford Hospital and Clinics, Lucile Salter Packard Children's Hospital @ Stanford and Lucile Packard Children's Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Eugene Carragee has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopedic Surgery of the Spine
If you have a back injury or unexplained back pain, your doctor might refer you first to a radiologist and then to an orthopedic spinal surgeon. They specialize in the spine and can diagnose and treat spinal diseases such as scoliosis. They can also treat spinal injuries such as a displaced disc or a fracture, as well as disc degeneration and narrowing that occurs due to aging.
However, when your injury or condition affects the spinal canal or spinal cord, it’s typically better to consult with a neurosurgeon. It's worth noting that, while they're both referred to as surgeons, they can also recommend treatments that don't require an operation, such as non-surgical decompression therapy.
- Orthopedic Surgery
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
- Back Pain
- Bone marrow inflammation (Osteomyelitis)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Spinal Disorders
- Spinal Fusion
Showing 5 of 11
I was fairly badly disabled with spondiolisthesis, two ruptures discs andpressure on the foraminal nerves. I could not stand without support for more than a few minutes. Dr Carragee fused the S1 L5 L4 vertabrae, decompressed the foraminal nerves and inserted hardwarewhich keeps everything in place. THe day after surgery I stood up straight again free of pain. I was a new man. I followed his directions religeously and recovery was quite rapid. It is very important to walk as much as you can within your zone of comfort.Stanford gets high marks from me for pain care but the nursing care was very deficient.There was not much response to that buzzer, and at night, well good luck.It has been six years since, and I have had no problems associated with that surgery, and I confidently recommend him.Remember, you will have a repaired back, not a new one, which will last if it is not abused. Don't twist!
Had a previous doctor who was terrible. Due to this previous doctor's incompetence, I was left partially paralyzed (think numb not crippled). Dr. Carragee diagnosed me and recommended immediate surgery. Although the issue repeated itself less than 3 months later, (a very uncommon result) I can not speak higher than I can of Dr. Carragee. I have been fully functional and in no pain for the last 10 years.
Dr. Carragee saved my elbow after a nasty fall off of a horse. My elbow had dislocated and it was a total dislocation. I fell in some very bad manure and dirt and the stuff got into my elbow as I had a ruptured joint capsule. Dr. Carragee was able to after two surgeries put me back together with no long term effect. I followed his orders and am thankful that today I have full use of my right arm. Thank You Dr. Carragee.
Dr. Carragee is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Stanford Hospital and Clinics
Lucile Salter Packard Children's Hospital @ Stanford
Lucile Packard Children's Hospital
V A Med Ctr, Palo Alto, Ca
Stanford Medical Center
31 Years Experience
Stanford University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Stanford University School Of Medicine
Dr. Eugene Carragee accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsStanford Medicine Outpatient Center, 450 Broadway St, Redwood City, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Eugene Carragee in this video.
Dr. Eugene Carragee is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Redwood City, CA.