Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Eugene Ciccone
Dr. Eugene Ciccone, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Willimantic, CT, with other offices in Middletown, CT and East Hartford, CT (and 1 other location). He has 26 years of experience. His specialties include Infectious Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Ciccone is affiliated with New Britain General Hospital, Hospital for Special Care and Bradley Memorial Hospital & Health Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Eugene Ciccone has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- HIV Infections
- Hepatitis C
- Infectious Disease
Showing 5 of 27
In 95 he was at Hosp. for Special Care in N B . I was transferred there for rehab after T B I. Care was superb. Having the need for Gen. Practitioner last year I found him again. I waited 1.5 hrs for him to see me, unsatisfactory and very disapointed in the wait. I did mention it to him and he seemed unmoved. I took me 4 calls and a call from a doc in another office for him to give me results of tests. I think he's stretched too thin.
Dr. Ciccone is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
New Britain General Hospital
Hospital for Special Care
Bradley Memorial Hospital & Health Center
Windham Comm Memorial Hospital & Hatch Hospital
Brittany Farms Health Center
Hospital of Central Connecticut
Brittany Farms Health Center, New Britain CT
Windham Community Hospital
Hospital Of Central Connecticut, The, New Britain CT
26 Years Experience
Graduated in 1987
Dr. Eugene Ciccone accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Eugene Ciccone in this video.
Dr. Eugene Ciccone is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Willimantic, CT.