Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Eugene L Fealk has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Eugene L Fealk has the following 13 expertise
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Bipolar Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Eugene L Fealk has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 43
The appointment I had with Dr. Fealk was without a doubt the most DISTURBING, disappointing, troubling, and upsetting appointments I've ever had with a so called 'professional'. From the moment I walked in the door of his office, he was rude, non engaging and made absolutely no attempt at rapport, which is especially disturbing for a first time patient. My father happens to be a psychologist, so I do know something about what is appropriate in working in the mental health field. I felt interrogated, NO empathic listening occurred, and I found my anxiety becoming almost unbearable, as that was one of the issue for which I went. He did not seem to understand much about the medications I wanted to discuss, he did not answer my questions, he insulted me at every opportunity and proved himself to be no one I could ever respect professionally or give any regard to his opinions. He never stopped listened to any of my concerns, continually interrupted me, and only wanted to discuss what he thought was important. If there was such a rating as a NEGATIVE STAR, that would be the only appropriate rating for this man. Unprofessional, substandard, very puffed up and full of himself, I could NOT have been more disappointed. It was time and money wasted. I left feeling so much worse than when I went in. Take him off your list!
For being a psychiatrist he is a TERRIBLE listener. Interrupted me several times to ask his own questions. Got visibly upset when he found out I'm newly pregnant and therefore can't take medication for a while. My 1 hour appointment lasted less than 20 minutes before he rushed me out the door - asking me to close the door behind myself as he sat at his desk. YIKES.
The office was pleasant and clean and staff nice. The Doc on other hand was horrible. He didn't listen to anything I said told me he coul,t give me drugs that would help panic attacks He seems like he doesn't really care just collecting money only spent 10 minutes with me . It was a true waste of my money and time. He should really retire and play golf
Absolutely the worst doctor I have ever seen. I've struggled with Depression for 10 years and have seen countless doctors, but I have never walked out in the middle of an appointment like I did with him. He is rude and doesn't listen to anything you say. He just wants to write you several prescriptions for heavy drugs and send you on your way.
50 Years Experience
Des Moines University
Graduated in 1968
Sinai Grace Hospital
Dr. Eugene L Fealk accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Humana Choice POS
Locations & DirectionsCommunity Psych, 1420 Rocky Ridge Dr Ste 230, Roseville, CA
Dr. Eugene L Fealk is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Roseville, CA.