Dr. Eugene L Fealk Is this you?

2.5

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Eugene L Fealk?

HORRID!!!

The appointment I had with Dr. Fealk was without a doubt the most DISTURBING, disappointing, troubling, and upsetting appointments I've ever had with a so called 'professional'. From the moment I walked in the door of his office, he was rude, non engaging and made absolutely no attempt at rapport, which is especially disturbing for a first time patient. My father happens to be a psychologist, so I do know something about what is appropriate in working in the mental health field. I felt interrogated, NO empathic listening occurred, and I found my anxiety becoming almost unbearable, as that was one of the issue for which I went. He did not seem to understand much about the medications I wanted to discuss, he did not answer my questions, he insulted me at every opportunity and proved himself to be no one I could ever respect professionally or give any regard to his opinions. He never stopped listened to any of my concerns, continually interrupted me, and only wanted to discuss what he thought was important. If there was such a rating as a NEGATIVE STAR, that would be the only appropriate rating for this man. Unprofessional, substandard, very puffed up and full of himself, I could NOT have been more disappointed. It was time and money wasted. I left feeling so much worse than when I went in. Take him off your list!

Waste of time and Money

For being a psychiatrist he is a TERRIBLE listener. Interrupted me several times to ask his own questions. Got visibly upset when he found out I'm newly pregnant and therefore can't take medication for a while. My 1 hour appointment lasted less than 20 minutes before he rushed me out the door - asking me to close the door behind myself as he sat at his desk. YIKES.

The office was pleasant and clean and staff nice. The Doc on other hand was horrible. He didn't listen to anything I said told me he coul,t give me drugs that would help panic attacks He seems like he doesn't really care just collecting money only spent 10 minutes with me . It was a true waste of my money and time. He should really retire and play golf

Excellent Doctor

I have seen Dr. Fealk for 15 years. I have always found him to be insightful, kind, and always there for me. He is seemingly always in his office and could have retired long ago. I would highly recommend him.

Absolutely the worst doctor I have ever seen. I've struggled with Depression for 10 years and have seen countless doctors, but I have never walked out in the middle of an appointment like I did with him. He is rude and doesn't listen to anything you say. He just wants to write you several prescriptions for heavy drugs and send you on your way.

He is demeaning.

This man has zero bedside manner. I have been a regular patient of psychiatrists, always taking my medicine exactly as prescribed, showing up promptly for appointments and never missing any. I am courteous and intelligent. I also use medical marijuana and have had a legal card for almost a decade. I am always honest about my cannabis use as it helps me with my extreme anxiety and agoraphobia. Dr. Fealk treated me like some derelict street rat when I brought it up (I am always honest with doctors) and instead of just acknowledging it (I don't expect all doctors to accept it, but at least acknowledge that people do find help from it) this doctor looked at me with disgust and said "So when are you gonna get off the dope" with so much disdain. I never went back and found another doctor that realizes that some people can find benefits, even the federal government has acknowledged that with their own program. Dr. Fealk wrote me off even though I do not do drugs or drink or even smoke ciggs. He just wanted me to "get off the dope" before he would treat me as a person of value.

A departure from traditional therapy

I have to admit after reading some of the reviews on this page I was tempted to cancel my initial appointment. I'm very glad I didn't. I think some of the comments on this page, while the intent is to be honest, are quite unfair. I have had depression for years and have been in and out of therapy. My primary care doctor referred me to Dr. Fealk when I was exhausted talking to a counselor twice a month for two years and not feeling like I was making any progress. Dr. Fealk has been very prompt to our appointments, listens to me and has given me helpful resources from the very first appointment. His Mindfulness seminar, that I was very reluctant to take at first, has made a HUGE difference in my life. Dr. Fealk's style may not be for everybody, but he is certainly not a quack. I would recommend Dr. Fealk and his Mindfulness seminar to anyone.

Dr. Fealk has some really good information about mental health and doesn't mind sharing. He strongly believes in mindfulness and teaches classes on this too. I don't love his office staff but they do their job. They aren't very welcoming or friendly.

Worst Dr in 59 years

I am 59 years old and have been seeing a psychiatrist for 33 years. Dr. Fealk is the absolute worst I have ever dealt with. Every session is an introduction, as he remembers nothing about the last session. I went to him as my previous Dr retired. All I needed was for him to continue to prescribe the same medication I have taken for those 33 years. Initially this was no problem, and every time I brought up the desire to try something else he dissuaded me from it. I had to cease taking the medication for a brief time at the recommendation of an anaestheiologist, as I was undergoing a minor surgery. I spoke with Dr Fealk about this and no problem. After the surgery, I wanted to resume the medication, but he refused to prescribe it without seeing me again after having seen me two weeks previously! His sessions with me had usually lasted less than 10 minutes. He asked how I was doing and wrote another prescription. Now he refuses to prescribe the same medication I have taken for 33 years without another 10 minute, $150 session. He really needs to retire. I have heard nothing positive about him from anyone, including the Kaiser Permanente staff.

Why did this man get into psychiatry?

Dr. Fealk has absolutely no compassion or listening skills. Please find a doctor who can handle serious, delicate mental health issues. This man cannot.

Never Been SO DISAPPOINTED!

I found this man to be arrogant and rude. Maybe due to his vainly proclaimed 44 years of practicing psychiatry; my opinion is those 44 years have given him an obstinate dogmatic view without the ability to believe in advanced technology, or care to study current research.His demeanor was intimidating! He has poor listening skills and seemed to have a predisposed opinion without knowing the patient history. Did not understand short QT or long QT regarding EKG. Said what I was explaining to him was over his head. His knowledge of genetic blood disorders that limit which psychotropic medicine could be used by patient was a big red flag. Maybe he just didn't care. Looking for a D.O. (osteopathic/holistic) as he is listed as with my insurance and the net, and referred to me by Primary Dr....I was quite shocked when he rudely informed me that he does not perform any osteopathic procedures, that he is a psychiatrist. To me that means he is misadvertising as being a Doctor of Osteopathy. Why does he have a D.O. after his name? What a waste of time. My opinion of his 44 years of experience is that it is time for him to retire and let some open-minded, modern thinking and empathetic replacement take over his patients. It is my opinion that he is nice to those who acquiesce to his words being the 'All True', and rude to those that have the ability to research, reason and question his rigid adherence to his principles and is intolerant of other views or opposition. Do yourself a favor and save some time! Find someone else. I am.

Best psychiatrist I have ever met

I have been seeing Dr. Fealk for many years and have no qualms at all about recommmending him to others. He has literally saved my life on more than one occasion. I have met with numerous other psychs both in and out of hospitals and he is most definitely the best who has ever treated me.