Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr Eugene Hurwitz
Dr Eugene Hurwitz, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Alpharetta, GA, with other offices in Carrollton, GA and Newnan, GA (and 2 other locations). He has 42 years of experience. His specialties include Allergy and Immunology and Pediatrics. Dr Hurwitz is affiliated with WELLSTAR ATLANTA MEDICAL CENTER SOUTH, Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at Scottish Rite and Piedmont Fayette Hospital.
Dr Eugene Hurwitz has the following 2 specialties
- Allergy and Immunology
An allergy & immunology specialist is a physician who is specially trained in matters pertaining to chronic and acute allergies, as well as deficiencies of the immune system. The doctor will determine whether an allergy, which attacks our immune system, is present. They'll also determine the cause, whether it be environmental triggers like trees and pollen, food-borne like peanuts and dairy, the venom of insects like bees, or a medication like penicillin.
In addition to determining the allergen causing an immunological response in a patient, the specialist will treat the symptoms caused by the reaction.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr Eugene Hurwitz has the following 29 expertise
- Atopic Dermatitis
- Flu (Human Influenza)
- Food Allergies
- Food Allergy (Hypersensitivity)
- Hay Fever
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
- Hemolytic-Uremic Syndrome
- Hives (Urticaria)
- Lymphatic Diseases
- Mucocutaneous Lymph Node Syndrome (Kawasaki Disease)
- Nasal Allergies
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Pregnancy Complications, Infectious
- Respiratory Disorders
- Respiratory Tract Infections
- Reye Syndrome
- Sinus Infection (Sinusitis)
- Watery Eyes
Dr Eugene Hurwitz has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr Eugene Hurwitz is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
It's all about the money, honey, with this group. Totally unimpressed with care, crabby staff AND you'll start getting all manner of allergy related sales pitches after you provide information to this group. You'll spend thousands with minimally trained office staff for your allergy testing. There must be a better way out there somewhere.
Dr Hurwitz seemed very rushed when he came into the room. He didn't wash his hands before greeting my son! He was very condensing about my son's eczema. He wasn't interested in looking at my son's legs which is where his eczema is more active. He was more into prescribing more and more meds/steroids to administer instead of taking the time to get to the root of the issue. He wasn't knowledgeable about my son's allergy report and this was our second visit. Overrall, he maybe a very good physician to others who have the same skin color but for my son and I who are African American he wasn't very pleasant. We will NOT be in his company any longer!
Dr Hurwitz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
WELLSTAR ATLANTA MEDICAL CENTER SOUTH
Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at Scottish Rite
Piedmont Fayette Hospital
Wellstar Kennestone Hospital
Wellstar Douglas Hospital
Tanner Medical Center Villa Rica
Piedmont Newnan Hospital
42 Years Experience
Saint Louis University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
Clinical Center At The Nih
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr Eugene Hurwitz in this video.
Dr Eugene Hurwitz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Villa Rica, GA.