The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Eugene Hurwitz
Dr. Eugene Hurwitz, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Villa Rica, GA, with other offices in Fayetteville, GA and Newnan, GA (and 2 other locations). He has 43 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatrics, Allergy and Immunology and Allergy. Dr. Hurwitz is affiliated with Atlanta Medical Center South Campus. He speaks English.
Dr. Eugene Hurwitz has the following 3 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Allergy and Immunology
An allergy & immunology specialist is a physician who is specially trained in matters pertaining to chronic and acute allergies, as well as deficiencies of the immune system. The doctor will determine whether an allergy, which attacks our immune system, is present. They'll also determine the cause, whether it be environmental triggers like trees and pollen, food-borne like peanuts and dairy, the venom of insects like bees, or a medication like penicillin.
In addition to determining the allergen causing an immunological response in a patient, the specialist will treat the symptoms caused by the reaction.
Dr. Eugene Hurwitz has the following 27 expertise
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Sinus Infection (Sinusitis)
- Hemolytic-Uremic Syndrome
- Pregnancy Complications, Infectious
- Lymphatic Diseases
- Mucocutaneous Lymph Node Syndrome (Kawasaki Disease)
- Watery Eyes
- Reye Syndrome
- Atopic Dermatitis
- Respiratory Disorders
- Hay Fever
- Flu (Human Influenza)
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
- Nasal Allergies
- Hives (Urticaria)
- Respiratory Tract Infections
Dr. Eugene Hurwitz is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 12
It's all about the money, honey, with this group. Totally unimpressed with care, crabby staff AND you'll start getting all manner of allergy related sales pitches after you provide information to this group. You'll spend thousands with minimally trained office staff for your allergy testing. There must be a better way out there somewhere.
Dr Hurwitz seemed very rushed when he came into the room. He didn't wash his hands before greeting my son! He was very condensing about my son's eczema. He wasn't interested in looking at my son's legs which is where his eczema is more active. He was more into prescribing more and more meds/steroids to administer instead of taking the time to get to the root of the issue. He wasn't knowledgeable about my son's allergy report and this was our second visit. Overrall, he maybe a very good physician to others who have the same skin color but for my son and I who are African American he wasn't very pleasant. We will NOT be in his company any longer!
Dr. Hurwitz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
43 Years Experience
Saint Louis University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
Clinical Center At The Nih
Dr. Eugene Hurwitz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Eugene Hurwitz, MD - Allergy and Immunology in Villa Rica, GA, in this video.
Dr. Eugene Hurwitz is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Villa Rica, GA.