Contact Lens Care
A complete overview of what you need to know about your contact lenses.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Eugene S Lit
Dr. Eugene S Lit, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Oakland, CA, with another office in San Ramon, CA. He has 18 years of experience. His specialties include Ophthalmology. Dr. Lit is affiliated with Alta Bates Summit Medical Center Alta Bates Campus and San Ramon Regional Medical Center. Dr. Lit has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Eugene S Lit has the following 1 specialty
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
Dr. Eugene S Lit has the following 11 expertise
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Lasik Surgery
- Eye Pain
- Eye Exam
- Macular Degeneration
- Retina Surgery
- Vision Issues
Dr. Eugene S Lit has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Eugene S Lit is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
Unfortunately, I have a bunch of medical problems and I can compare and contrast doctors. Dr. Lit is the best. His expertise is top notch. His bed side manner is top notch. I see him for detached retinas. I have had multiple surgerys. Dr Lit has been able to explain the options clearly. He lets you know what he suggests, but the one time I chose a different option, he didn't give me a hard time. If you have an emergency, like a detached retina or believe you do, his office makes the space in the schedule, albeit you will have to wait. Dr Lit went to Cal Tech, and then Harvard Med School.
I felt he was very professional, perhaps a little overconfident but maybe with good reason. Not at all warm or particularly friendly. He was quick, bordering on rushed, but it was late in the day and I'm sure he was tired. The reason I'm continuing with him is because for my condition I'm prioritizing professional excellence over bedside manner and I have a feeling he is highly skilled.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2013, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Top 10 Doctor - Metro Area (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Dr. Lit is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
18 Years Experience
Harvard Medical School
Graduated in 2000
Mass Eye And Ear Infirmary
Dr. Eugene S Lit accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Eugene S Lit in this video.
Dr. Eugene S Lit is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oakland, CA.