Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Eugene F Petrilla has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Eugene F Petrilla has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Dr. Eugene F Petrilla has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Eugene F Petrilla is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
I saw this Dr. For many years and since I have found a new Dr. I doing so much better! He had me on a dangerous cocktail of medications that c caused many health problems and only made mine worse he criticalsized my weights gain as I lie violently ill in the hospital which was mostly from the medications he prescribed me..I have since lost 70 pounds and am o. Only one med to his 4 for the same problem..I am afraid to think of where I would be had I stayed his patient...also his staff is one of the proudest group of people I have ever encountered..I do not recommend this Dr.or his practice.
I have had this Dr. for over 8 years. It has been a wonderful experience. My Insurance dictates that I must move to another Dr. as Summa health care systems does not care for retired or active duty Military personnel, It's a money thing, Summa can't make $$ so they will not accept the retired military insurance. No patriotism in this company (Summa), and certainly I would not want to infringe on the CEO or boards enjoyment of a free lifestyle at the expense of my medical care after serving in Vietnam to maintain their freedoms. My physican had no choice in the changes, as they are being strong armed (my assessment)by the area's largest and most powerful health care system. Dr. Petrilla and his partner in practice would be my first choice . Diagnosis have been right on the mark in a timely manner. I am now a cancer survivor due to his quick assessment of a medical problem.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
33 Years Experience
Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Barberton Citizens Hospital
Dr. Eugene F Petrilla accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Aultcare HMO
- Aultcare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- Buckeye Ambetter Balanced
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- SummaCare Connect Fully Insured
- SummaCare Select Fully Insured
The Health Plan of Upper OH
- Health Plan of Upper Ohio PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMedical Center Of Rittman Inc, 223 N Main St, Rittman, OH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Eugene F Petrilla in this video.
Dr. Eugene F Petrilla is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rittman, OH.