Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. A Eugene Washington
Dr. A Eugene Washington, MD, M.Sc is a Doctor primarily located in San Francisco, CA, with another office in San Francisco, CA. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology and Preventive Medicine. Dr. Washington is affiliated with UCSF Medical Center / Moffitt-Long Hospitals and UCSF Mt Zion. He speaks English.
Dr. A Eugene Washington has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
- Preventive Medicine
A preventive medicine/wellness specialist is a physician who, through additional training, has become an expert in methods for maintaining good health and preventing disease. These specialists are the doctors people see when they are generally well or without a specific ailment and want to either learn how to maintain their current health or acquire better health.
These doctors will advise patients on specific diets, exercise regimens, and lifestyle habits that are suited to their particular needs. Preventive medicine/wellness specialists take into account a patient's nutrition deficiencies, physical and cardiovascular capabilities, and habits in order to advise specific vitamins and supplements to take, how much physical activity to undertake, and which habits should be broken and replaced with more positive behavior.
Dr. A Eugene Washington has the following 16 expertise
- Chlamydia Infections
- Chromosome Disorders
- Down Syndrome
- Female Infertility
- Hot Flashes
- Hysterectomy (Uterus)
- Inflammation of Urethra (Urethritis)
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
- Pregnancy Complications
- Pregnancy Complications, Infectious
- STD (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- Uterine Cancer
- Uterine Cancer (Uterine Cervical Neoplasm)
Dr. A Eugene Washington has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. A Eugene Washington is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Washington is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
UCSF Medical Center / Moffitt-Long Hospitals
UCSF Mt Zion
37 Years Experience
University of California at San Francisco
Graduated in 1976
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. A Eugene Washington is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Francisco, CA.