Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Eugene J Wyszynski
Dr. Eugene J Wyszynski, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Plano, TX, with other offices in Plano, TX and Plano, TX . He has 46 years of experience. His specialties include Hematology & Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Wyszynski is affiliated with Baylor Scott And White Medical Center Garland, Texas Health Arlington Memorial and Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano. Dr. Wyszynski has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Eugene J Wyszynski has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Eugene J Wyszynski has the following 14 expertise
- Bone Densitometry
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Blood Cancer
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
Dr. Eugene J Wyszynski has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 36
Without the grace of God and Dr Wy I know I wouldn't be here today. He is very thorough, and makes sure all symptoms are addressed to avoid further complications. Yes, he talks fast and may seem rushed at times, but he is focusing on your test results, and ensuring you get the best of care. Just like all of his other patients. I am grateful he was assigned to me when I needed him most.
After being a patient for quite some time, we requested a referral to a new care provider for my husband. After several calls, he never provided the referral and even went so far as to tell my daughter that we all needed to "stop trying to be heroes" and return my husband to his care. We had to jump through hoops with insurance and used up precious time to get approved to see the new provider (minus the referral) and thereby have visits covered. We then requested medical records be transferred to the new provider to allow for continuation of his cancer treatments. It took almost three months for the request to be honored, but by then, the new provider said the time in between treatments had been drawn out too far, and it was too late to help my husband further. I would strongly recommend you stay away from Dr. Wyszynski at all costs. His direct refusal to help my husband as he sought an alternate care resource demonstrates arrogance. He refused to relinquish control even upon repeated requests to do so. It absolutely breaks my heart.
awful doctor. Discounted my opinion. Wanted to do a treatment even though I told him I preferred another medication (which was recommended by another specialist so no I'm not questioning his opinion based on nothing) terrible bedside manner.
Patients' Choice Award (2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Wyszynski is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
46 Years Experience
Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1972
University Of Texas Health System
Dr. Eugene J Wyszynski accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Eugene J Wyszynski in this video.
Dr. Eugene J Wyszynski is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Plano, TX.