Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Eugenio Angueira-Serrano has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cushing Disease
- Gland Issues
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
Showing 5 of 11
These comments are not to reflect on Dr Eugenio Angueira's performance as a doctor, since we did not get to know him and evaluate his performance as a doctor. I made an appointment for my daughter, 3 month in advance to see this doctor. The assistant taking the appointment was unfriendly and not very professional. She said to bring the last blood test or any test performed to the appointment. After month I called again to see if someone that cancelled their appointment and I was not given any additional instructions. The day before the appointment I received a call from the assistant to ask me if I needed an appointment, to which I replied that we already had an appointment the next day. Her answer was "Fine" she said at that time that the tests they needed could not be older than one month. I reminded her that when we spoke she did not provided those instructions and had I known it I would have made sure she had everything the doctor needed. I took my daughter anyways to the appointment the next day thinking that the doctor would provide us with an order to get the blood work done. When we gave the assistant the test results and the insurance card we were faced with rude behavior and an eye rolling individual that said that the doctor would not be seeing my daughter. At this point I told them that their behavior was not acceptable and now we would have to wait three more months since I would have to look for another endocrinologist. Seeing the type of behavior displayed by the assistant, the office manager intervened ans in a nice manner apologized and told us to have my daughter return the next day at 8 and she would personally would take care of her. The next day when she went for the blood work she was faced with the other assistant which exhibited a similar behavior (eye rolling and mean face)and told her she could not have the blood work done because she did not bring the insurance card, although the day before she was the one making the copies of the card. I asked to speak to the Office Manager and was connected to her phone. She said she was around twenty minutes away and to wait for her. My daughter waited for one hour and a half and had to leave for school.
26 Years Experience
University Of Puerto Rico School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
Mount Sinai Medical Center
Dr. Eugenio Angueira-Serrano accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMarquez Adonis, 351 NW 42nd Ave Ste 315, Miami, FL
Dr. Eugenio Angueira-Serrano is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Miami, FL.