3.8

Have you seen Dr. Eugenio Martinez?

Autism Spectrum Disorder

Autism Spectrum Disorder

Helped me get the right physical therapy and I'm pain free!

Dr Martinez is busy but he has a good bedside manner and will especially take the time that is needed to evaluate your case on the intake. I went to him in 2014 with very bad pain and he helped me figure out what the condition was and how to treat it (with physical therapy). it was a relief because I had been to two other different specialists and was at my wits end. I was skeptical that simple therapy could fix my severe pain but he was right - I'm better and just go back to doing the exercises if I get a return of my symptoms. FYI He really pushes that back pain book, and I tried reading it but it did not help me at all, but really you don't need to believe in a particular theory of pain in order to appreciate a good doctor who can simply tell you how to manage it. Been pain free for about a year, and am able to work which is a HUGE relief. Thank you doc! :)

Mind-Body Syndrome

What does it mean that there are awful reviews and superlative reviews? Let me cut to the chase. I came in open to the concept that anxiety, and fear of pain made my pain worse over time. So my experience was nothing short of life-affirming. If you think that your mind/brain has nothing to do with your experience of pain, then go somewhere else. But I hope you will do yourself a favor, get educated about TMS, and don't waste 3 years of your life as I did.

No integrity or work ethics

I am 125 lbs 50 yrs old woman worked at job required me heavy lifting (70 lbs )totes on a daily basis for the last 4 yrs I injured my back (herniated disc )so I was sent to see Dr Martinez for a WC case ,they called it independent medical evaluation ,that means he is on they payroll so of course no integrity or work ethics he was rude & obviouse his mind was made before he came in to see me the examination & interview was fast & short it took longer for me sitting in his waiting room .he knew I was injured on the job ,he intentionally twisted my words to help WC ins company just so they can send him more client ,my honest option Dr Eugenio Martinez has no integrity or work ethics he values money more injured worker as human being shame on him ...!

Refreshingly honest practitioner

I had a wonderful patient experience with Dr, Martinez. We had a very open and honest conversation about my recurrent back pain of many years. He is very knowledgable about traditional and alternative therapies and medicine. He took the time to relate his own personal experiences and the experiences of others with similar conditions. If you are familiar with Dr. John Sarno and TMS you will be pleasantly surprised to find a doctor who shares similar beliefs and alternative treatment options for a very common problem.

A few months ago I had several appointments with Dr Martinez. I find him very intelligent, knowledgeable and to the point. I had severe pain in my leg coming from the lower spine. Doctor Martinez right away had a good plan of attack and explained my case to me. After the first less-invasive approach he arranged an epidural steroid injection which stopped my discomfort in just a few days. (I was lucky, I guess - the doctor honestly explained that the results depend on the reaction of each particular body) Both he and his staff are efficient. Appointments are on time with almost no wait, and all of my phone calls have always been returned in a timely manner. Recently my husband also became his patient. I recommend him highly.

incredible success

after 9 months of debilitating back pain, Dr Martinez helped me resolve the problem in days!

Waste of Time

I agree with many of the posting comments and evaluations. It seemed that I was on the hot seat for some reason for having a painful lower back problem. He seemed more interested in hearing himself talk and seemed overly dismissive of my pain. He didn't add anything to the conversation of next steps except to point me to two books and 2 articles. He's not short, but seemed to have a Napolean complex. He seems to need to feel important.. so next patient please!!!

after consulting with many doctors, trying all kinds of treatments for lower back pain and tendinitis, I finally found the right treatment and are now pain free for more than two years.I am eternally grateful to Dr Martinez.

what just happened

Came in seeming angry and atacked me with questions didnt seem to want to be involved and was dimissive totally blew offall scintifc mri findings outraged and his proffesional letter was totaly dismissing again of a scientific findings and had inacurate information entered into it 1state ment he put he denied the same statment after 1 sentence later and nothing of how better to rehab multi level herniatd discs thay are pinching nerves and are sore and burning no therepy requests just you know your way out good. Not a pain releving pill or phisical rehab in sight just suffer

Would Never Go Back!

Dr. Martinez thought the pain was all in my head and suggested that I read a book on that topic. That last office visit I had with him, he was rude and dismissive. I've been to some of the best doctors in Massachusetts and have never been treated like that.

Not so much holistic as wholly unhelpful

I am not sure why a hospital would have physiatrists on staff if their sole function is to tell you that you pain is in your head. At least it would be helpful if he would suggest how to get it out of your head. Needless to say, I found Dr. Martinez to be unhelpful, arrogant, lacking in empathy, lacking in listening skills, and convinced that he knows all the answers, even if everyone else (i.e., other doctors) disagree with him.

Poor Listener And Terrible Bedside Manner

I have been diagnosed with herniated discs by #1 Dr in North East. Dr. Martinez said the problem was in my head and I was looking for attention, so he gave me a book to read! Unbelievable. I have since seen a Dr who specializes in Patient Care as well as professional performance.

Dr. Eugenio Martinez is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Roxbury Crossing, MA.

Dr. Eugenio Martinez Is this you?