Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John E Blanchard has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 17
Most memorable was how he withheld diagnostic results from me, but the worst was when I had a cyst that caused a posterior cerebral artery stroke he called the ENT I was seeing for it and had the ENT deny me care! I was about out of my head with pain from the building pressure of the cyst!! Shortly after he had me terminated from all the clinics/hospital for the medical establishment he formerly worked for! I got a letter shortly after that (since I was on his list of patients) that he wasn't cutting it with that medical employer and was leaving (to pursue then treating geriatrics). I feel deeply sorry for any patient that has the misfortune to be in his care.
What a kind and diplomatic physician. We went in to resolve some problems with a communication over a critical health issue in another department and we were favorable impressed with his people skills, which is an important factor in the successful outcomes of health care.He seemed trustworthy and informed.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2014, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2011, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
35 Years Experience
University Of Nebraska College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Dr. John E Blanchard accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- First Health PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMemorial Hospital Of Martinsville, 320 Hospital Dr, Martinsville, VA
Dr. John E Blanchard is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Martinsville, VA.