Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Evan J Fertig has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Evan J Fertig has the following 9 expertise
- Migraine Disorder
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Seizure Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Nerve Conduction Studies
Showing 5 of 7
19 Years Experience
University Of Medicine And Dentistry Of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Graduated in 1999
Dr. Evan J Fertig accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Moda Health Connexus
- PacificSource PSN
- PacificSource SmartHealth Oregon Members
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Providence Health System
- Providence PPO
Regence Health Plans
- Regence OR Preferred Provider Network
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Evan J Fertig in this video.
Dr. Evan J Fertig is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Portland, OR.