More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Youth Sports Injuries Facts about youth sports injuries, including the causes and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Evan R Minkoff has the following 2 specialties
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Sports Medicine
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 22
Dr. Evan Minkoff refused to see me, a new patient, after I was only 5 min late. There was a mix-up and I was informed that as new patient, I shouldve been there earlier to fill out the paperwork. His office is on the 2nd level and down a long hall. I am disabled and on crutches and asked the receptionist if he would still see me and apologize for being late. Dr. Evan Minkoff still refused to see me. I surely do not want to reschedule this doctor if this is how insensitive he is to patients with disabilities and are in pain. He added to my pain and didn't alleviate it at all. He get's an "F" and a thumbs down. The medical group should require that he take a sensitivity training for patients!
This doctor is not a pill pusher. I have been going to his office for years due to pain from a car accident in 2003. I have asked several times for an increase and he discusses the pro's and con's of an increase and basically lets me decide if I really want to increase my meds. I have not had an increase in the medication I am now taking for over a year and yet my pain level is more than bearable. At times my pain worsens and this doc offered me more options for pain control, which I am currently looking into. This is the first pain management doctor who helps ME decide what works best for ME. The office is nice, the staff great, and Holly works hard to get insurance coverage, problems corrected timely. I rate this doctor a true TEN.
It seems that Dr. Minkoff might need to rehabilitate his studying. You are a pain and rehab doctor. PAIN and rehab. So when my 60 yr old mother called him to refill a prescription that was lost he said NO. This is not a junkies' narcotic prescription...it was for nerve damage in her legs and feet. She cant walk. When I called in for her from San Diego it was "not our problem". Please do your homework before choosing your doctor. Your long schooling and licensing obviously hasn't taught you anything buddy.
20 Years Experience
Western University Of Health Sciences
Graduated in 1998
Dr. Evan R Minkoff accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
LA Care Health
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSouth Bay Pain Management, 23530 Hawthorne Blvd Ste 290, Torrance, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Evan R Minkoff in this video.
Dr. Evan R Minkoff is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Torrance, CA.