Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Evan H Schwarzwald
Dr. Evan H Schwarzwald, DO is a Doctor primarily located in New Hyde Park, NY, with another office in Great Neck, NY. He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Schwarzwald is affiliated with MidHudson Regional Hospital of Westchester Medical Center. Dr. Schwarzwald has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Evan H Schwarzwald has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Evan H Schwarzwald has the following 16 expertise
- Blood Clot
- High Cholesterol
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Attack
- Stress Testing
- Heart Failure
- Heart Diseases
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Block
Showing 5 of 28
This is not a doctors office. It is a mill. You routinely wait 3-4 hours, no exaggeration. I have spoken with neighbors who say the same thing. It would be one thing if it were worth the wait, but you are then rushed through. it is hard to imagine that anyone is getting appropriate treatment when he jams so many people in. He is quite inarticulate and his bedside manner, is well, odd. Not mean. Just strange.
The front desk secretary who greets you and takes your information completely screwed me and my husband over in terms of billing. I asked her a question regarding the billing to make sure my insurance would cover what I was being billed for (a general check-up) and she assured me that it would not be a problem. I told her I had heard this could be a problem and she laughed it off and said itâs never been an issue before. Now, I receive a check saying that my insurance is not covering the routine check-up and they charge $350 each for a checkup. Let me also add that the check up was 5 minutes in length after waiting for an hour to be seen. Highly disappointed in the moronic, uninformed staff who gives misinformation.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2012, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Schwarzwald is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
New York College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Li Jewish Medical Center
Dr. Evan H Schwarzwald accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Humana Choice POS
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Evan H Schwarzwald in this video.
Dr. Evan H Schwarzwald is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Hyde Park, NY.