Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Evan M Vapnek has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
Dr. Evan M Vapnek has the following 8 expertise
- Kidney Stones
- Enlarged Prostate (Prostatic Hyperplasia)
- Prostate Cancer
- Bladder Issues
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Urologic Emergencies
Dr. Evan M Vapnek has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Evan M Vapnek is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
He's the worst Dr I've ever been to. I'm not sure if he just doesn't like women or is just incompetent. Besides the fact that he mistakenly removed the wrong kidney from a patient(Google it), he seems to have no understanding of the body. I've been a repeat long time UTI sufferer and while I was explaining my symptoms: constant burning pain, fever, sweats, back and body pain, bleeding urethra and extreme nausea. He actually responded "the nausea must be from something else, UTI's never cause nausea". And then just stared at me blankly. I mean every single GP and emergency room doctor seems to know this but a specialist doesn't? After I corrected him he just proceeded to be rude and act like he could care less. How are you supposed to trust a "Dr" that makes you feel like you're an inch tall in his eyes? Sitting there in desperate agonizing pain just shivering and sweating and he just said basically there's no bacteria in my urine so there shouldn't be infection and my nausea is from something else-pretty much treating me like I'm nuts. Trust me, you KNOW when you have a uti. I ended up just taking the antibiotics and anti nausea pills from my GP after calling them crying in pain after this guy pretty much refused to help me or even believe my symptoms. I have been turned off to urologists and stayed away from them for over a year and have suffered 6 more UTIs since (with nausea). I think it's time to stick the camera in there and do more tests to find out the cause because this torture has to end-I thought I was at the end of my rope before when I saw "The Vap". But I will tell you this; you couldn't pay me a million dollars to be in this man's office again.
The post beneath mine giving Dr. Vapnek 5 stars is probably one of his friends. Very rude and has completely unjustified ego. A disgrace to the medical profession. His office staff is rude as well.
27 Years Experience
State University Of New York Upstate Medical University
Graduated in 1991
Dr. Evan M Vapnek accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Evan M Vapnek in this video.
Dr. Evan M Vapnek is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Diego, CA.