Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Evangelina Castaneda has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Cushing Disease
- Thyroid Diseases
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Gland Issues
- Lipid Metabolism Disorders
- Lipid Disorders
Showing 5 of 39
I wish I had believed the terrible reviews before going to this doctor. Doctors are people and I believe they can have a bad day just like any of us but the difference is when I'm having a bad day, it doesn't affect the health and welfare of another person. Dr. Castaneda should not be practicing medicine. She puts the the public at risk and gives the whole profession an bad name. If you value your life, stay away!
If I could give zero stars, I would. Rude and condescending. Doctor asked me if I was stupid when I asked a question for clarification. Office does everything by hand and does not keep accurate records. I would never return to this office. I am actually surprised that I have not found any pending lawsuits based on her level of carelessness with patient records.
Attention to any new patient that is reading these reviews: please choose another provider. I can't even began to describe the humiliation and harassment I received and have filed a greivance claim to get her liscense revoked. With the Plano police department doing their job, this woman will hopefully never be in the medical profession again.
49 Years Experience
Universidad Autonoma De Nuevo Leon
Graduated in 1969
Kings County Hospital Center
Dr. Evangelina Castaneda accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsEvangelina Castaneda Md, 4100 W 15th St Ste 118, Plano, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Evangelina Castaneda in this video.
Dr. Evangelina Castaneda is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Plano, TX.